Sven Botman

The Prophet

1 minute ago, Big River said:

Pope had his medical a bit earlier in the day, and was announced at 7pm. think we might be looking at a later one tonight.

9pm, I reckon.

Perfectly timed for some naughty time when he signs.

1 hour ago, Joey47 said:

Interesting one but not sure you're right. Comment below from liverpool fan about how it's maybe not as important as you would think, especially when you have a keeper who makes a lot of sweeping actions (Pope and Alisson make the most and furthest sweeping actions in the PL by far). 

The first graph in this tweet shows how good Pope is at sweeping.

All of the Liverpool defenders are pretty quick though. Matip, VDV, Konate and Gomez. None of them as slow on the turn as Botman appears to be. Plus Botman is going to partner Schar/Burn - who are also slow on the turn. And neither of our fullbacks are rapid.  

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I'd love to know how sports journalists even attempt to get information on transfers. Seems like agents are the only ones with any incentive to provide them with information, and even that will be designed to stoke interest or inflate a fee. 

Nonsense profession for the most part. 

Club officials, managers and players leak plenty too in exchange for more positive relationships/coverage. See Steve Bruce for one example. Ashley/Charnley with Sky too.

Also ‘tactical’ leaks to force other clubs/players hands. We could’ve leaked that we were close to signing another CB if we wanted Lille to make a quicker decision, as one example.

But aye, it’s largely a nonsense profession based on anything other than facts. Journalism in general is the same though - basically people forcing their own opinions/agendas on you.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

I think I read somewhere that Howe is going to persist with the low block/counter attack approach for this season. It might have nothing to do with pace, and more that we just don't have good enough footballers across the pitch to play more possession based stuff.

But likewise if you plan a higher line in the medium term, you sign players for it.  

You can have a low block with a decent amount of possession too. That’s Arsenal’s approach to last season. 

6 minutes ago, Big River said:

the famous black people carrier!

Out of curiosity how do other clubs transport new signings? [emoji38]

Only reason this van has any fame is because signings under Ashley were so sparse.

Edited by NE27

Adam Pearson at the training ground, at least it didn't take him long to find the joker.

If you're thinking "I hope he stops with these gash Batman jokes, I've had funnier gas bills recently" you're going to be disappointed.