Sven Botman

The Prophet

Imagine going to a World Cup and leaving him at home. Ridiculous. 

Has taken to the PL like a duck to water. Would have no problems playing in a World Cup. 

The little nudge he does to knock the opponent off balance is pure class. 

Fascinating to look at some of those clips. He doesn't seem very fast, but he never seems to stop accelerating either. It's as if he's never truly found out how fast he is, just gradually going faster until he just about beats his man to the ball :lol:

3 hours ago, wormy said:

Don't know about everyone else but a pinpoint accurate long ball from a CB is one of the most satisfying things to watch in football for me.

The clip at 2:20 where effortlessly ping a cross field pass with his "weaker" right foot. How did no one else sign this lad? 

Reminds me of Sami Hyypia. Doesn’t need to commit much or make last ditch efforts. He’s just there postionally - making life a living hell for strikers before they can make their mark. Such a clever player.

12 minutes ago, Adam said:

The clip at 2:20 where effortlessly ping a cross field pass with his "weaker" right foot. How did no one else sign this lad? 

That was quality. I really liked one towards the end when he's right down by our goal and just pings one across to Trippier like it nothing.

Mrs is Dutch so I used that as an excuse to show her the video.

Surprised at how well and how quickly he’s adapted to the pace and physicality of the league. He’s a monster of a defender, yet also very cultured in possession, and he seems to be a good character and in time perhaps a leader too. He’s everything you’d hope for in a young defender really.

15 hours ago, The Butcher said:

:pedro:

He’s went to ground what? 6-7 times the whole video? Almost all when he is covering the channel and having to sprint out of position to get there. 

Basically, the rest of the time. He just always seems to be in the right place and his positioning means he can nick the ball or ease his man out the way. Without having to dive in. 

When he needs to. He switches to no nonsense mode and slides in or just boots it out. But it’s quite rare for him. 

His passing is a joke and all. That right footed switch of play away to Spurs. The confidence you need to even attempt that, never mind pull it off. 

10 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

His passing along the floor, through the lines is also really impressive.

Yep. In the friendly vs Athletic Bilbao. He did one early on and it made me realise he might be pretty decent. 

It was a first time pass, fizzed about 20-30 yards straight to someone’s feet (ASM?) which set us on a counter. Most defenders would have needed a touch or tried to clear the ball. The way it was coming to him at pace. 

He looks absolutely exceptional in that video, like. It's a fair representation, too. He's brilliant and makes it look so effortless. 

I love those diagonal forward passes that go around the corner to the centre-mid. That sort of thing always makes me hold my breath during games cos we're not used to seeing so much high-risk-high-reward stuff. :lol: