Sven Botman

The Prophet

Trying to think about it without any bias is difficult but players usually decide what is best for them based on the present situation and not potential of a club and promises of things yet to come.

Milan are in a better position than we are right now. 2/3yrs time might be a different story but at this moment they hold alot of the cards necessary to attract top level players.

Some players like Trippier and Bruno will look past these things and see the potential of plating for Newcastle and being in the Premier League and those are the players we want. If Botman chooses Milan then that's fine, he doesn't want to be here so right now we don't want him.

Botman seemed very up for joining us in January considering he was liking instagram posts about NUFC. I wonder what changed since then. Not that it's inexplicable that he would choose AC Milan over us but still. 

This is one of those transfers I've largely stopped following. Every day its something different. He is either leaning towards Milan, or Newcastle officials are confident. I will check back in when he actually signs with someone!

Also, didn't clock on just how stacked the Dutch are at CB. 

12 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

Remember when koulibaly was going to be our first signing.. what ever happened to that 😄

Too old, too expensive for the profile of player we’re looking at.

21 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

Remember when koulibaly was going to be our first signing.. what ever happened to that 😄

Think that was similar to Coutinho pre-Jan. People putting 2 + 2 and making 19. Never seen one of the more trusted sources (Caulkin, Hope, Waugh etc) actually link us. 

13 hours ago, KaKa said:

I think with how well Dan Burn has done we will first look for a partner for him this summer, and so the major centre back signing is more likely to be on the right hand side i.e. right footed.

Recently we have seen links with Saliba and Lacroix, who would be young, athletic and quicker partners for Burn. I think the younger prospects on the left side we were looking at in January, we have since moved away from for the meantime.

My feelings are the exact opposite - I'm certain their looking to upgrade Burn before Schar. BDB slotted in and did very well, but he's by no means a top 6-8 defender.

That's not to say an upgrade to Schar won't happen, just that I think Eddie will look to upgrade Burn first.

BDB is the perfect squad centre half - he's decent in his position, and he's obviously like a pig in shite being back at his boyhood club.  Every minute played will be like a dream for the lad; and given what's happening, if he sees his time out he might just win a medal too.

I completely understand why Howe would want to improve on BDB - but BDB will be here next season, which cannot be guaranteed for Clark, Fernandez or Lascelles