Sven Botman

The Prophet

News just in. Sven said he's had to lose the foot but he's been assured by doctors that it will eventually grow back in a few weeks, In the mean time he's feeling a bit stumped. ;)

I think Dan Burn will step up and Lewis Hall may take the left back role.

Harsh on Targett if Hall comes straight in. I doubt he would do that, I'd be happy to see Targett get a run out, I think we've all forgotten that it's nice to have a LB that can get up and down the pitch and off up some attacking threat. 

Bring Hall on for 20 mins for a taste as I'm assuming Targett's fitness isn't up to 90 mins yet. 

15 minutes ago, magvicar said:

News just in. Sven said he's had to lose the foot but he's been assured by doctors that it will eventually grow back in a few weeks, In the mean time he's feeling a bit stumped. ;)

I think Dan Burn will step up and Lewis Hall may take the left back role.

IMG_3253.thumb.jpeg.74d869fb110faf96b5d9c033fde5cc0b.jpeg

He’ll just grow another one! 

More like:

IMG_2801.thumb.jpeg.b456857fb03123df6389210d0da40a33.jpeg

We’ll just rebuild him. Better….Stronger….Faster! 

Edited by PauloGeordio

Would hate to see him away for a long period of time, but Burn is more than capable of stepping in for him in the meantime. Actually thought Burn did better (granted it was for a very short time) at CB than Botman in pre-season. One small positive, for me at least, is that it forces our hand to play a left back at left back next game.

3 hours ago, Lish007 said:

Harsh on Targett if Hall comes straight in. I doubt he would do that, I'd be happy to see Targett get a run out, I think we've all forgotten that it's nice to have a LB that can get up and down the pitch and off up some attacking threat. 

Bring Hall on for 20 mins for a taste as I'm assuming Targett's fitness isn't up to 90 mins yet. 

According to Eddie, Hall has played no games since last season, so is a long way from match fitness. Don't think he'll be starting games for us for a little while.

edwards

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/08/29/newcastle-united-eddie-howe-centre-back-gamble-botman-schar/

"Schar and Botman avoided any long-term injuries last season but that was as much down to luck as anything else. Indeed, Botman was taken off with an ankle injury against Liverpool which, although not serious, will almost certainly rule him out for a couple of weeks at least."