Rhythm is a dancer

Botman is the answer 

Try and pass him if you dare 

He gave Milan the finger

He'd rather play with Trippier 

He's pure lethal in the air 

That probably will swing it for him tbh! :lol:

5 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Sources have indicated to Telegraph Sport that Newcastle are close to making a breakthrough in their long pursuit of Botman after weeks of negotiations with French club Lille, as well as stiff and sustained competition from AC Milan.

The fight between Newcastle and the newly crowned champions of Italy has not yet been won - and officials in Milan could yet move again to scupper the plan - but there is a growing sense of confidence within St James’ Park that the centre-back will decide to switch from France to Tyneside.

Botman is currently on international duty with the Netherlands and has been careful not to give any firm indication about where he will play his football next season. But it now seems increasingly likely the 22-year-old former Ajax Academy prospect will be a Newcastle player next season.

The deal is likely to cost around £30m, although Newcastle have been haggling over a structured deal which would see them pay around half of that up front and the rest in staggered installments. This has been a feature of Newcastle’s recruitment approach so far this summer and it has made completing deals complicated.

There is a similar sticking point in the deal to sign striker Hugo Ekitike from Reims, with sources insisting Newcastle will not be paying the £25m fee in one lump sum. Newcastle were only paying £12-15m up front in January, a deal agreed with Reims, only for the transfer to collapse on deadline day.

Newcastle had even tried to persuade the French club to let the 19-year-old join on loan for a fee of around £5m, with an obligation to buy at the end of next season. 

Reims, though, have insisted on more money up front and, although the framework of a deal is in place, negotiations over agent fees and a precise payment plan remain a “work in progress.”

Wise - spreading the cash -->gets more players in.

I'm so glad I've held off from saying that Botman is the new VvD / is shite and slow.  In part because I've never watched him play 90 mins (note: this does not stop NUFC twitter from making proclamations), but also because it is best to keep that powder dry.

So I'm looking forward to him signing / us moving on to better targets soon, and he can become a club legend / a lucky escape

Edited by TheBrownBottle

26 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Rhythm is a dancer

Botman is the answer 

Try and pass him if you dare 

He gave Milan the finger

He'd rather play with Trippier 

He's pure lethal in the air 

All I can say to that is, I hope you're not serious.

1 hour ago, LV said:

Great. The songs are back. 

I thought songwriting wasn't allowed on the forum for players not contracted to the club?

Maybe the rules changed but I'm sure you had to have a minimum 2 year contract, especially if it involved 90s dance classics

5 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

***Breaking news***
This fella obviously needs a song to move things along! (‘kin hell the poetic muse is strong tonight!) 

? Sven Botman 

He’s a Swedish Dutchman 

Laughs like Clark Olofsson

And cannot catch his man ? ? 

dudududududududu Botman

dudududududududu Botman

dudududududududu Botman

Botman Botman Botman

Newcastle are concentrating efforts on Lille defender Sven Botman after agreeing to sign Matt Targett from Aston Villa in a £15m deal.

Newcastle face competition from AC Milan for Dutch centre-back Botman who is valued at £30m.

The deal is likely to cost around £30m, although Newcastle have been haggling over a structured deal.

Newcastle remain hopeful of reaching agreement over the structure of Hugo Ekitike's transfer after agreeing a fee with his club Reims last week.

7 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

That we're focusing on trying to sign him 

which means we aren’t focused / we aren’t trying before

Of course it’s bollocks

I hope the deal falls through though. There seems to have a lot of center backs available in the market and the likes of Badiashile / N’Dicka looks like better prospect imo

Howe knows about the pace of the league and he's obviously well aware of his own preferance for playing with a high line. As much as Badiashile looks the better choice to my completely amateur eye I'm going to assume there's a good reason we're so keen on Botman. If Botman is who we want then we don't want it to fall through man [emoji38]

Edited by Hanshithispantz