Lucas Digne

No saying that Courtinho  will be a success and I don't see how it's a big deal getting him. He's Gerrard's mate and It's best part of 4 years since he played in the PL and hasn't exactly been a success elsewhere which is why nobody else came in for him. Not sure about Digne, he's an excellent player but I just wonder about his attitude.

All this about Gerrard being such a big name in the game and can get players is total bullshit. He's managed Rangers and where was the competition up there. It's been a 2 horse race between Rangers and Celtic  for the SPL title  since the beginning of time. Even Strachan and McLeish have succeeded up there but they didn't down here.. Gerrard took over a club in a far better position than Howe has done but time will tell

17 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

No saying that Courtinho  will be a success and I don't see how it's a big deal getting him. He's Gerrard's mate and It's best part of 4 years since he played in the PL and hasn't exactly been a success elsewhere which is why nobody else came in for him. Not sure about Digne, he's an excellent player but I just wonder about his attitude.

All this about Gerrard being such a big name in the game and can get players is total bullshit. He's managed Rangers and where was the competition up there. It's been a 2 horse race between Rangers and Celtic  for the SPL title  since the beginning of time. Even Strachan and McLeish have succeeded up there but they didn't down here.. Gerrard took over a club in a far better position than Howe has done but time will tell

Gerrard is as big a name as Keegan was. Whether he has the charisma to build on his reputation, I don't know.

It is a perilous situation, he is on the precipice of either being "overrated and a total cunt" OR  "Our cunt and the best LB in the league".

The choice is yours Lucas... you will be one or the other to Everton, Villa and Newcastle fans either way. Sure he will be really gutted counting the pennies of his pay rise to the suckers willing to pay it. 

Don't expect him here either way. Fabs said so after all.

Edited by toontownman

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Would absolutely investigate taking Matt Targett if he does go to Villa. Previously scouted and linked too.

Given the state of our left side it could be a thing. 

bit concerning that Villa see Digne as a big upgrade and us left chasing a cast off. 

10 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Given the state of our left side it could be a thing. 

bit concerning that Villa see Digne as a big upgrade and us left chasing a cast off. 

He’s bang average but given that and that he’s an actual LB it would do at this point. 

13 hours ago, jackyboy said:

I watched Villa last night and was mighty impressed with how he has them playing .

7 hours ago, GWN said:

I watched Villa last night and was mighty impressed with how he has them playing .

Same here, they deserved a lot more from that game. Manu were gash and they took the game to them for 70 of the 90 mins (manure played for the first and last ten mins)

They look much improved Villa, but that was a shocking performance by Man Utd who look totally devoid of confidence, strategy or any real character. The decline in Rashford for example is plain to see. Villa should be beating them and they lost. 

Edited by HTT II

9 minutes ago, Slim said:

To be fair we deserved to beat Man U so no big task looking good against them at the moment.

True, they are awful really!