Newcastle United 0 - 1 Cambridge United (08/01/2022)

Yorkie

Went to this so seen no highlights, nor want to. First half we looked like we toyed with them and was expecting the floodgates to open. Second half we realised we have nobody to score and after their goal we absolutely shit ourselves and the same old loser mentality kicked in. Our best outlet, St Max, was like a ball greedy Forest Gump. Said to my mate at the start of the game he won't be here in 2 years if the club goes in the right direction. Be amazed if he's still here after this summer. Shit attitude and no discipline, he couldn't give a fuck about us now he actually has to stick in and follow a team plan. Willock looks like he is permanently stoned and was a disgrace when his "fresh" legs came on.

35 minutes ago, RS said:

In retrospect this reminded me of a Pardew performance. Started very brightly but didn’t capitalise. Ran out of ideas and the opposition take charge  and go on to win. 

the fact it was 3rd division standard that easily owned us second half is a worry though. Loads of work needed by Howe and co. 

Reminds me more of Mclaren; possession without purpose. 

1 minute ago, Tyne81 said:

Went to this so seen no highlights, nor want to. First half we looked like we toyed with them and was expecting the floodgates to open. Second half we realised we have nobody to score and after their goal we absolutely shit ourselves and the same old loser mentality kicked in. Our best outlet, St Max, was like a ball greedy Forest Gump. Said to my mate at the start of the game he won't be here in 2 years if the club goes in the right direction. Be amazed if he's still here after this summer. Shit attitude and no discipline, he couldn't give a fuck about us now he actually has to stick in and follow a team plan. Willock looks like he is permanently stoned and was a disgrace when his "fresh" legs came on.

I think he will get a bumper contract and stay 

37 minutes ago, GWN said:

I was too involved in that game yesterday [emoji38]

I think this is behind a lot of the pure rage yesterday like. (We also lost to a struggling league 1 side)

The man u performance, Trippier signing and a strong team set us up for what we hoped would be a welcome win and a solid performance to carry us into this next massive run of games.

In true Newcastle fashion we've went all in and came up massively short, to the point we seem in a worse position than when we started [emoji38]

Keep the faith and remember how you couldn't even be arsed to be this annoyed not that long ago.

36 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Our team is Championship, they’re League One. There were some bigger shocks than that yesterday. 

At the moment we’re only a PL team on paper. 

Which bigger shocks were these? Just had a look through and only really Burnley losing to Huddersfield and Plymouth at Birmingham look like upsets. Oh and Reading losing at Kidderminster. Don’t think any are worse than our defeat, though. 

25 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Just have to hope this is a massive kick up the arse. If we beat Watford all will be forgotten no doubt.

This , beat Watford and we will all forget this .

No doubt about it I think a lot of fans are now done with these players. Pre takeover our focus was on Ashley and Bruce, however what’s become evident is that the players have been very comfortable and happy with the holiday camp approach.

For the sake of trying to stay up I’ll get behind them next week as we owe the owners and manager that much, but I personally think another performance like yesterday and some of them will get dogs abuse next week.

How any player cannot get up playing for this club at the minute beggars belief, they better fucking deliver next week or they’ll deserve all the vitriol heading their way.

Edited by Whitley mag

5 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

No doubt about it I think a lot of fans are now done with these players. Pre takeover our focus was on Ashley and Bruce, however what’s become evident is that the players have been very comfortable and happy with the holiday camp approach.

For the sake of trying to stay up I’ll get behind them next week as we owe the owners and manager that much, but I personally think another performance like yesterday and some of them will get dogs abuse next week.

How any player cannot get up playing for this club at the minute beggars belief, they better fucking deliver next week or they’ll deserve all the vitriol heading their way.

So we have now moved from support the team not the regime to support the regime not the team......quite right too!

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, duo said:

Do we not have any strikers in our academy who could have played up front? 

Aye the spare wheelie bin…

It’s currently full our our players though, rubbish!

Edited by HTT II

35 minutes ago, Tyne81 said:

well summed up 

For those asking who fucked off straight down the tunnel. The answer is most of them. Notice ASM having a hissy fit when Ritchie tries to get him to stay out. 

I get they are fucked off. As they should be. But a bit of a clap and a hand up to recognise they were not good enough and appreciate the support would have gone a long way. 

As others have said above. Seems like the fans have had enough of this bunch now. Fragile fuckers with inflated egos. Nowhere near as good as they think they are. 

5 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

For those asking who fucked off straight down the tunnel. The answer is most of them. Notice ASM having a hissy fit when Ritchie tries to get him to stay out. 

I get they are fucked off. As they should be. But a bit of a clap and a hand up to recognise they were not good enough and appreciate the support would have gone a long way. 

As others have said above. Seems like the fans have had enough of this bunch now. Fragile fuckers with inflated egos. Nowhere near as good as they think they are. 

They’re a bunch of losers.

That mentality was helped by the loser that they worshipped, Mr Bruce. 

Aye that's very obvious from ASM mind.

I'd say there are a few players in there that know they're on borrowed time and were only here by the grace of Mike Ashley.

I wouldn't be offended if the owners were as pigging sick as us of these try-hards and gave them some hone truths last night.

The piss taking party stops now to quote our classiest of rivals

I always thought that most of our players were not up to scratch. But a lot of them seemed like grafters and appreciated being here. So it was hard to hate on them.

After yesterday, I don’t think that applies to a good number of the current squad. 

A defining feature of both relegation seasons was the apparent toxicity in the camp and the sense of responsibility being shirked. If that attitude settles in here as well then we're truly fucked. Hopefully there'll be significant numbers of incomings/outgoings to prevent the squad getting swallowed by the negative mentality. 

13 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

It’s not indicative of a good attitude when we are fighting for our lives 

Or he’s just a really bad loser and can’t be fucked with anything after a loss? I understand that TBH and think you need a bit of that in a professional sports person.

2 hours ago, Tyne81 said:

Agree with all this.

15 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I think Trippier’s reaction is much more useful in a professional career 

:thup:

It's one thing to be a bad loser but his attitude on the pitch isn't good enough either.

Strutting about with that floppy-I'm-trying-to-look-like-I'm-putting-a-shift-in-but-actually-doing-fuck-all jog that he seemingly does every time we're behind is counter intuitive to what we need right now. Just keep it simple, go back to basics, graft and show moments of class in the right time and place. Fans will applaud and get behind that and together we'll get out the shit.

He was given free licence under Bruce and was made the big fish in a very small pond. That is no longer the case. I like the lad, he is good crack and is evidently a very talented dribbler but if he really wants to be the greatest showman he really needs to egt his act together. 

Edited by Heron

This teams problem is attacking a organized defence.

I screamed at the TV yesterday when they where deep and we had plenty of players forward, everyone stood still. 

No movement, no initiative.

We urgently need a cam and a striker that at least tries to find some space.