More transfer rumours

midds

10 minutes ago, Dandy Man said:

Dread to think what this place would be like if we hadn't spent 100 million in January to be honest

Hate to think what we would of been like under the old regime, probably relegation, no money on players and Ashley picking up the relegation money, and we'd all be depressed 

5 minutes ago, Elephant said:

I would love for us to go for Dembele, Icardi or Auba late on - or all of them. We need goals and Wood alone is not good enough.

Can't see us getting anyone from abroad now. I suspect all of our eggs are in the Lingaard basket now. 

I do agree we need more goals but we also had a lot of positions that needed strengthening and have addressed most/all of those to some extent.

Getting a top goalscorer in January was always going to be hard and for better or worse we have got Chris Wood, not overly glamorous but he can still contribute.

In my opinion we have strengthened as much as could be realistically expected and would have taken the current state of affairs if had been offered it at start of January.

Just now, Shearergol said:

So our work today was securing Burn and loaning Targett? Slightly underwhelming seeing how the thread started this morning :lol:

Ahh well, at least summer will be interesting if we fluke our way to safety.

Yeah, that does not bode well imo. Too much hinges on ASM not getting injured and doing some magic. That has me a bit stressed.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

So our work today was securing Burn and loaning Targett? Slightly underwhelming seeing how the thread started this morning :lol:

Nah, we’ve still got a surprise on the way.

Just now, Shearergol said:

Just now, Dandy Man said:

I do agree we need more goals but we also had a lot of positions that needed strengthening and have addressed most/all of those to some extent.

Getting a top goalscorer in January was always going to be hard and for better or worse we have got Chris Wood, not overly glamorous but he can still contribute.

In my opinion we have strengthened as much as could be realistically expected and would have taken the current state of affairs if had been offered it at start of January.

I think we've got the players to provide adequate ammunition for Wood, I don't think he's injury prone but I'd be worried without cover until Wilson returns.

Honestly, with the funds available, if we're going into the last 17 games praying St Max stays fit then I don't think we've maximised our window. Whether we get away with it or not we'll see. I think the likes of Watford, Burnley etc were fearing worse and will be content. Hopefully the remaining hours we can get the creativity we've needed all season so we are not a one-man attack.

7 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Yeah was really expecting us to make things happen, thought the new owners would have chased a Zapata type signing tbh.

10 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Days not done yet bud!