More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Targett improves nothing, we have options just as good as him already at the club.

Burn may be an improvement on Clark, but won’t improve the starting 11. He’d be possibly 4th choice for me behind Lascelles, Schar and Fernandez.

I won’t go into Wood discussion again.

Schär is massively overrated by our fanbase.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Targett improves nothing, we have options just as good as him already at the club.

Not true. Targett has been a regular for a good Villa side. Lewis has 2-3 good games. Ritchie is shocking, Manquillo can do the job, Dummett is Dummett. 

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Burn may be an improvement on Clark, but won’t improve the starting 11. He’d be possibly 4th choice for me behind Lascelles, Schar and Fernandez.

Targett was Villa's player of the season last year, and as Brummie has already said he's disappointed he's leaving, he's easily an improvement of Dummett, Ritchie and Lewis.

Burn is easily better then Lascelles, and Fernandez is injured. He's also in shit hot form. He improves us considerably.

Wood feels a whole we desperately needed filling, and is much more effective then Gayle, did we pay over the odds, absolutely, slightly uninspiring maybe, is he a bad signing, no.

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, Willow said:

Not often any substantial deals happen in the remaining few hours so I'm finally switching off after watching most of the day [emoji38]

Enjoy the last few hours folks

[emoji38] Aye. Glad I didn’t take the day off. Looks like I get an early night after all.

We'll score more goals with Bruno in the side, I'm sure of it. His presence alone will improve our attacking and defensive play. Everyone will look better, and we're going to be able to control games with him in the side.

We've had a really good window, imo.

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, catlover24 said:

Isn't Targett a loan?

Wouldn’t really celebrate that as us successfully using the loan market like [emoji38]. A left back where we already had three players able to play there.

It's either sheer arrogance or a lack of footballing knowledge if you think Burn, Targett and Wood don't improve us. It's not because they are great either, it's because our squad was THAT bad.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Targett was Villa's player of the season last year, and as Brummie has already said he's disappointed he's leaving, he's easily an improvement of Dummett, Ritchie and Lewis.

Burn is easily better then Lascelles, and Fernandez is injured. He's also in shit hot form. He improves us considerably.

Wood feels a whole we desperately needed filling, and is much more effective then Gayle, did we pay over the odds, absolutely, slightly uninspiring maybe, is he a bad signing, no.

i can’t stand Gayle, awful player now, but what exactly are you basing that on? Form last season?

9 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Giz a gan on that glue when youre done :lol: 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

Just now, Shearergol said:

i can’t stand Gayle, awful player now, but what exactly are you basing that on? Form last season?

Just the fact that Gayle has been gash for years, and Wood can at the very least hold the ball up, Gayle can't even do that. 

Just now, 54 said:

Player of the season during a season they spent fighting relegation. Disappointed he’s leaving because he wanted him as backup to Digne, not because he’s any good. You missed Manquillo off, is he easily an improvement on him?

Lascelles isn’t being dropped. Plus, Burn is Brighton’s 3rd choice CB only playing due to injuries. He’s also playing in a very good and organised defensive unit and not our shambles. “Shit hot form” equalling about 10 games.

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

We'll score more goals with Bruno in the side, I'm sure of it. His presence alone will improve our attacking and defensive play. Everyone will look better, and we're going to be able to control games with him in the side.

We've had a really good window, imo.

Going off his highlights videos, he is all about sliding in through balls. We don’t really have anyone to get on them though. We signed a big target man who thrives on crosses but don’t play that way and don’t get crosses in. It’s a shame we haven’t managed to bring a player in who would thrive on Bruno’s strength.

I think it’s going unsaid too that all the new signings are up for it mentally, which is a huge upgrade on the majority of our loser-mentality squad. The signings may not all be of the quality we had hoped for, but the positive mentality alone could be what keep us up. 

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Player of the season during a season they spent fighting relegation. Disappointed he’s leaving because he wanted him as backup to Digne, not because he’s any good. You missed Manquillo off, is he easily an improvement on him?

Lascelles isn’t being dropped. Plus, Burn is Brighton’s 3rd choice CB only playing due to injuries. He’s also playing in a very good and organised defensive unit and not our shambles. “Shit hot form” equalling about 10 games.

he was playing left back even before the injury to Dunk.

If we signed a forward. This window would have been a 9 or a 10. Probably sat at about 7/10, for me. Better than I was expecting and ultimately in a much better position than Jan 1st. I just worry we don’t have enough goals or creativity in the side. 

Hopefully the new signings can give everyone a lift and perhaps even a kick up the arse some of these players need.