More transfer rumours

midds

Can’t see us overhauling the squad to that extent in one window, 6/7 will leave at most I think. (One of the GKs, Fern, Clark, Lewis, Ritchie, Hayden + Gayle and Hendrick if we can do deals for them but because of their wage these 2 will more likely be loaned out).

Has anyone else considered that we might not sign a striker that will take the starting spot over Wilson? I could see this happening tbh. I think there’s a possible scenario this summer that we sign someone that will play 2nd fiddle to Wilson ready to come in whenever needed with Wood being 3rd choice, it all comes down to who is available and if the right deal for the right player can be done obviously - if Abraham was available for £40m and we could put him on a 5 year deal for 130k pw no doubt we’d do it but actually signing a better player than Wilson for reasonable money that will fit into our wage structure might be harder than it seems. I’m not even sure Toney is a better player in this side than Wilson, I know on fitness terms he is plus his age/longevity but on actual ability I’m not sure which makes spending a big fee on him questionable. 

Edited by Nine

If I was forced to choose between Wilson and Toney I would pick Toney, purely based on his age and injury record. But in all honesty I think we can do better than both. Might sound a bit cocky but I reckon those 2 players are midtable strikers at best.

Apparently looking at Evan N'Dicka from Eintracht Frankfurt. That, together with the Botman and Badiashile rumours, are really exciting - indicative of us looking to replace old cloggers afraid of the ball (Clark, Lascelles to some extent), with young, ball-playing defensive talent. N'Dicka is basically a young, quick Dan Burn who can also head the ball into the net at the other end of the pitch. Left-footed too.

Also rumours we’re looking at the young striker Kalimuendo from PSG. Seems very sensible; in terms of numbers, the best young prospects in European football seem to be coming from France and England. PSG in particular have a very underrated youth set-up.

This is kind of what I was hoping we would do with Carr’s talent-spotting before but we didn’t have the ambition or the finances to really go for it. Really hope we do a turbo-charged version of that model with our new owners.

The squad had three too many and Hendrick went out on loan. If we bring in four or five it isn't unthinkable that we'll bin off eight or nine players.

Clark, Lewis, Hayden and Hendrick were all left out. Darlow, Fede, Dummet, Ritchie and Gayle can barely get a kick and are clearly surplus to requirements.

Edited by The Prophet

25 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The squad had three too many and Hendrick went out on loan. If we bring in four or five it isn't unthinkable that we'll bin off eight or nine players.

Clark, Lewis, Hayden and Hendrick were all left out. Darlow, Fede, Dummet, Ritchie and Gayle can barely get a kick and are clearly surplus to requirements.

This is my feeling too. We can ditch nine players without actually losing anyone who has played for the past three months (I guess Gayle has had a few token sub appearances).

The challenge is going to be finding somewhere for them to go. I'd say any of the above nine would do a job for a top 6 Championship team but with the wages some of them are on, will anyone bite?

5 hours ago, Mazzy said:

If I was forced to choose between Wilson and Toney I would pick Toney, purely based on his age and injury record. But in all honesty I think we can do better than both. Might sound a bit cocky but I reckon those 2 players are midtable strikers at best.

I think Wilson is underrated, really good all round striker, just made of glass.

Would be a good idea to bring in young talent that may take awhile to push into the first team but in the long run would benefit the team. We only really need 1 or 2 ready to throw straight in in certain positions. 

Edited by HWTL

Guest HTT II
Just now, The College Dropout said:

We've been a bottom half team. Why would we maintain our wage structure? Bruno G is already the highest paid player. We'll sign someone on more.

I don't think we'll beak 200k mind but we might get close

I think for the right player, we will do whatever it takes, transfer fee and wages.

27 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Just me that absolutely despises the last sentence of that tweet? How the fuck does Freddie Paxton know that [emoji38]

He doesn't, all bullshit rumours with a pinch of salt.

5 hours ago, Mazzy said:

We need better than Osihmen too. I'd like us to go for Werner, Suarez, Lewandowski maybe?

4 minutes ago, NUFCPAUL said:

We need better than Osihmen too. I'd like us to go for Werner, Suarez, Lewandowski maybe?

Are you on the wind up?  I've seen you mention Mason Mount.  Now Suarez and Lewandowski :lol: 

25 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I think for the right player, we will do whatever it takes, transfer fee and wages.

Tbh I agree with this.

If we decided we want Rashford - that's a £50m fee and a 200k minimum contract for 4 years. If he doesn't sign a new deal with them, there are only 8-9nclubs in Europe that could afford that.

I just don't think we want that profile of player. But it would be a statement signing for sure. 

We've given a RB and a CM from Brazil 100k+. If we get a marquee attacker they'll get the going rate.

Suarez is a possibility. Was linked with Villa. Contract expires in the summer.

He's on astronomical wages at Atleti though. Don't think anyone will give him close to that deal. If we were 12 months ahead in our development and pushing for CL, I would want him as an option upfront for 12 months. This season, us wanting to finish top 7-ish it's better to focus on a player that might be able to go to the next level.

Edited by The College Dropout

I’d really like Schick. Excellent player and good attitude, good age and wouldn’t be hard to offer him a better financial package than Leverkusen. 

would cost a chunk mind but more £50m than £70/80m

Edited by GeordieDazzler

There should be some massive churn and activity in the squad this summer.

Miggy as a sale to help raise some rebuilding cash.

Forest going up might see Darlow and Lascelles head back to the City Ground.

Fede out of the door, one of Manquillo or Kraft gone, Dummett released, Lewis sold to a Championship promotion chaser or loaned back to Norwich with an obligation to buy if promoted.

Sean Longstaff and Schar still not signed up. Both could still go.

Hendrick, Matt Longstaff probably on loans again in the ‘who needs them’ club.

Watts and Anderson loaned again, De Bolle, Westendorf, Stephenson, Turner-Cook and White loaned out. 

Murphy and Gayle both options for ambitious Championship clubs.