More transfer rumours

midds

4 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Was that the case? I was of the thinking that we probably thought Arsenal had the transfer sewn up and when we realised they were waiting until summer, we  immediately jumped in. I don’t see Bruno as having any correlation to the lack of Carlos/Botman etc. I don’t think we’d have gone for Burn if one of those transfers had come off. 

I think it was in the athletic piece just after the widow closed, something along the lines the main targets where Botman and Carlos and then a cheaper CM if those had came off. Once they where certain lille and Sevilla weren’t budging we went big for Bruno.

5 minutes ago, STM said:

Striker has to be priority.

We must be opportunistic too. I know plenty have scoffed at Tarkowski and Lingard on free transfers but don't be shocked if either of those happen, especially if it means being allowed to move a Murphy or Lascelles out of the door.

Also don't be shocked to see the odd 30 year old cone in, provided they are the right fit. This isn't MAs Newcastle where sell on value is the be all and end all. I don't think any of us would turn our noses up at another Trippier type signing.

Tarkowski on a free for Lascelles would be a huge upgrade imo.

"Sport Witness" (lol) claims that Newcastle will have scouts at the Leicester-Roma match to watch....Nicolo Zaniolo. That's a good link - young, attacking, right-sided yet can play as a forward or a midfielder. Either one of him or Tammy Abraham from Roma will do. ASM - Ivan Toney - Zaniolo as a front three will be tasty.

15 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I think it was in the athletic piece just after the widow closed, something along the lines the main targets where Botman and Carlos and then a cheaper CM if those had came off. Once they where certain lille and Sevilla weren’t budging we went big for Bruno.

Ah- hadn’t read that- thanks ?

1 hour ago, HUGZ said:

I think Reims are shitting themselves they're not going to get a good fee for Ekitike now.

he's been out since Feb with a hamstring injury, but there's been a ton of noise, and he's been linked all over the place this week. reeks of a PR jobby.

Was thinking this myself. Im not sure on this Ekitike either..

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

A fit Zaniolo would be a dreamy signing. Unfortunately he’s already had a couple of absolutely awful ligament injuries. Only a matter of time before next one? 

Like Callum Wilson. Don't need another part timer in the front line. Abraham on the other hand seems very robust.

5 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Class player. Not happening though. Never mind for that price. Much much rather have him than Phillips. 

Never been impressed with Hojbjerg. Not a baller. Runs about a lot though (which I like). Keeps it simple on the ball. Might work well if he's doing Bruno and another baller's grunt work

One player who we have been linked with that I find very interesting is Matheus Nunes. Box to box, great technically and has lots of pace and very good at dribbling and carrying the ball. I’m sure he will improve when it comes to scoring goals. 

3 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Not particularly enthused over signing Hojberg and especially at that price.

He’s an upgrade on Longstaff, but still a limited player.

Would rather we paid a bit more and targeted someone like Bissouma.

Rather stay away from anyone accused of sexual assault 

9 hours ago, mosstef said:

Hojbjerg is pure class! Unrealistic though.

Wouldn’t say he’s that unrealistic. Spurs fans want rid and I think Conte sees Skipp as the better fit for that role. I get the feeling he’d take 30 mil and bring in Brozovic.

Regarding Hojbjerg, he’s very very good at breaking up play and recycling possession. His lack of mobility and slowness on the ball however can often mean that he’s the target of an opposition press. I reckon Spurs will want to upgrade him but for us (although I’d prefer Philips) I think he’d be a great signing!