More transfer rumours

midds

Would be nice to get a few in the next couple of weeks but don't see it happening. It's going to be drawn out battles for most of our targets because the selling clubs want the big bucks!

22 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Genuine question, when have you seen enough of him to say he is terrible? 

He was massively overhyped by the media at Sheff Utd, he wasn’t anywhere near as good as was made out. He made a fair number of mistakes.

When De Gea was dropped, there was also a reason he only lasted about 5 games (despite it being a winning run) before De Gea put him back on the bench. Again, very shaky and not good enough.

He’s 25. He’s hardly a bairn. If he was good enough he wouldn’t be sat on Man Utd’s bench and only getting moves to a terrible Sheff Utd side.

He’s not better than Dubravka. It’d be the equivalent of replacing Gayle with Adam Armstrong.

5 hours ago, KaKa said:

Videos like this are pointless, could even make one for Darlow and I doubt anyone would suggest he's a good keeper

Having said that I do think those saying he's terrible are going way too far. His distribution is better than Dubravka, though that doesn't take much but for me it was that spell at Man-U at the end of last season that puts me off him

I think a loan deal with an option to buy makes sense as we can take a closer look at him to see if that was just nerves 

Agree that a loan deal (with a fee) with an option to buy next summer would be ideal. As funds are probably better spent elsewhere. Whether Man United or the player would be happy with that is another question.

37 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

We’ve bid £50 million for Paqueta. They’ll probably reject but accept with a few add-ons maybe.

Didn't think he’d be one of the first.

Where's this coming from?

10 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

He was massively overhyped by the media at Sheff Utd, he wasn’t anywhere near as good as was made out. He made a fair number of mistakes.

When De Gea was dropped, there was also a reason he only lasted about 5 games (despite it being a winning run) before De Gea put him back on the bench. Again, very shaky and not good enough.

He’s 25. He’s hardly a bairn. If he was good enough he wouldn’t be sat on Man Utd’s bench and only getting moves to a terrible Sheff Utd side.

He’s not better than Dubravka. It’d be the equivalent of replacing Gayle with Adam Armstrong.

That terrible Sheff Utd side got a top half finish in the PL and were flying before lockdown. He was with them in the championship promotion too

This is all the same sort of chat people had when they were clowning Arsenal for signing Ramsdale last summer, who wasn't even as highly rated as Henderson. Ramsdale is now pushing Pickford for the number one spot for England. Ironically, it was Howe that bought Ramsdale through at Bournemouth after getting him as a kid for less than £1 million.

People are so short sighted man. I hope we manage to get Henderson in. We need a long term solution at that position and he is plenty good enough and young enough to be just that. 

7 minutes ago, joeyt said:

That terrible Sheff Utd side got a top half finish in the PL and were flying before lockdown. He was with them in the championship promotion too

Guy is just chatting nonsense man :lol:

Just now, KaKa said:

This is all the same sort of chat people had when they were clowning Arsenal for signing Ramsdale last summer, who wasn't even as highly rated as Henderson. Ramsdale is now pushing Pickford for the number one spot for England. Ironically, it was Howe that bought Ramsdale through at Bournemouth after getting him as a kid for less than £1 million.

People are so short sighted man. I hope we manage to get Henderson in. We need a long term solution at that position and he is plenty good enough and young enough to be just that. 

Burn and targett was terrible signings to if I remember rightly.

12 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Absolutely. If we sign Henderson and he plays regularly (and assuming his arms haven't turned to jelly after being sat on the bench for a year), he & Ramsdale between them should relegate Pickford to third choice for England. 

59 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Henderson wouldn’t look out of place in any side outside the ‘big 6’ like. If he was at Leicester, Wolves, West Ham etc you wouldn’t look at those clubs and think they need a better keeper. I think he’d be a good signing.

People are remembering Henderson from his Sheffield United days and I agree he impressed. But mainly as a shop stopper, I don't recall him being good with his feet or excelling at distribution. So I think he is a very similar type of keeper to Dubravka. Hence why I feel it's a bit of a sideways move. Yes Henderson is younger but 33 for a Keeper isn't old.

39 minutes ago, joeyt said:

My mistake, wrongly thought he was there a year after he was. Point still stands though if you remove the word ‘terrible’.

Even if you hold the opinion that Henderson is equal in ability to Dubravka, he's younger and ticks the homegrown box for the squad - at £15mill its value.

Also competition for the number 1 would improve the pair of them too. I agree Henderson would only be coming here if promised the #1 spot but wouldn't do either of them any harm having that competition for a place.

Also seen Dubravka have a fair few injuries in recent years and we're then stuck with Darlow for a sustained period again? No thanks.

Furthermore, trust the recruitment/Howe after the success we've had since January window. It's a smart signing.

1 hour ago, Joey47 said:

The year he left Sheffield he was going back to compete with De Gea and I think a lot of fans at that time actually wanted Henderson to be the man u number 1. After going back to Man u, the combination of some questionable games from Henderson and then De Gea being very good again when he did play lead to Dea Gea cementing himself as the number 1. 

Correct me if I'm wrong. @Froggy

You're pretty much spot on. I think Henderson is a very good keeper. De Gea is just elite. Henderson is far too good to be a #2.