More transfer rumours

midds

Author of 11 goals this season, in 26 appearances, Hugo Ekitike (19) is promised a bright future. His departure from Reims during the next summer transfer window is no longer in doubt and was confirmed by Jean-Pierre Caillot this Monday in the columns of L'Union : "The file is following its course and it will be transferred" , assured the president of Reims.

It remains to be seen where the young French striker will continue his progress. At PSG, the last candidate proclaimed? "He has the qualities to one day join this type of club, but I think it's still too early" , replies Caillot, who would on the other hand see him sign in Newcastle, interested since last winter: "It 's typically the kind of environment where he could continue to grow and move on."

More than 20 M€ and a percentage on resale

While Ekitike only has two years left on his contract and played little in the second half of the season due to injury, how much are Reims claiming? "The amount should be more than 20 million euros. Afterwards, you have to know how to be reasonable" , confides Caillot, before specifying that Reims also wants a percentage on a future resale.

Last winter, the president of Reims said he wanted €30m + €10m in realizable bonuses as well as 25% on a future resale. It therefore seems to have lowered its requirements. In addition to PSG and Newcastle, several other European clubs would be on the lookout, from West Ham to Dortmund via Bayern Munich. But according to L'Union, the two German tracks have cooled down.

1 hour ago, Geogaddi said:

Henderson isn’t leaving Man United’s bench to come sit on our bench , if we sign him he will be our number one .

Correct. I’m not convinced about him after seeing him play for Man Utd and his games against us for SU.

He was ropey all game in this fixture…

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Correct. I’m not convinced about him after seeing him play for Man Utd and his games against us for SU.

Imagine losing 3-0 to that NUFC side? That first highlight [emoji38] How different does Joelinton look now tho.

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Given the strong links to Ekitike, it seems that we're going to substantially invest in a goal scoring winger/midfielder and retain Wilson as the main striker.

He could be a squad addition TBH, not that expensive and young. 

I do think Wilson has given them food for thought though, if they’re confident they can manage his fitness. 

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Given the strong links to Ekitike, it seems that we're going to substantially invest in a goal scoring winger/midfielder and retain Wilson as the main striker.

The club have allegedly acknowledged that goal scoring needs to be improved throughout the team. I don’t think Ekitike was ever going to be our ‘main’ striker, either this summer or last Jan- he’s always been one for the future/squad alongside Wilson and a more experienced CF. 

I’d be happy with Wilson our main upfront option because I think he’s top class. The only thing with him is that we have to account for the fact that he will get injured for a sustained period of time and having Wood and Ekitike as the backup options doesn’t really inspire ….

33 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Nothing ropey in that video.  Just 3 well taken goals?

Might want to rewatch the second at least. He was shaky throughout.

Wilson has decided that he's going to pay some attention to the recovery process after games instead of embarking on 350 mile journeys immediately afterwards so we might be able to keep him fit for a bit longer

Edited by Holloway
Typos

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Yes, never mind everything else he did that season. This ropey game means he is no good!

Because of course no decent keeper ever has bad games. Nope, never happens. Ridiculous stuff.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

I agree with you. Think this is what will happen. The likes of Raphinha, Moussa Diaby and Marco Asensio will all be very strong possibilities at wide forward, and for significant money.

Ekitike will after all need some assurances that he will get regular opportunities to feature, and rightfully so, with his exploits in a lesser team in France.

Edited by KaKa

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He could be a squad addition TBH, not that expensive and young. 

I do think Wilson has given them food for thought though, if they’re confident they can manage his fitness. 

We just can't take a chance with his fitness though. He just misses too many games to be the main striker. We need another top notch striker to progress anyway. 

20 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yes, never mind everything else he did that season. This ropey game means he is no good!

Because of course no decent keeper ever has bad games. Nope, never happens. Ridiculous stuff.

He’s been poor in all the games I’ve watched him. Maybe just bad timing. Hope he’s a world beater if we sign him.

Wilson is a brilliant player, but to go into another season with him as the only viable option would represent a real failure in planning.

I fear we’re wasting our time with targets like Nunez, the high price-point and competition from European clubs makes any prospective deal very difficult to do.

7 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Wilson is a brilliant player, but to go into another season with him as the only viable option would represent a real failure in planning.

I fear we’re wasting our time with targets like Nunez, the high price-point and competition from European clubs makes any prospective deal very difficult to do.

Shy Bairns get nowt

Me personally, no. I like the look of Ekitike and the fact Dortmund are interested says a lot. However, he’s 19 and our only other realistic striker option has a very poor fitness record. I think we need two strikers irrespective of what we add on the wings and in central midfield