More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Would people be happy with just Ekitike as the only striker signing if it meant we went big on a RW and say we get a Paqueta type ?

No. We need a main striker at least as good as Wilson, and not one of these half defined winger/striker types who are always rated, but never actually seem to score that many. 

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Would people be happy with just Ekitike as the only striker signing if it meant we went big on a RW and say we get a Paqueta type ?

If this were the case then I think the RW would also need to capable of playing up top to cover for Wilson.

I don't think there's any massive rush to get certain players in, each window needs to give us 3/4 quality players to improve the team gradually. If it takes 3 more windows then fine, if it takes 4 or 5 then that's fine too. I just want them to build something that lasts and I'm more than happy to wait, the impatience of some (not really on here) is starting to irritate. 

If they've added quality in 3 or 4 positions then I'll be delighted. Who those players are and how much it's cost to get them in is fairly irrelevant. If the deal is there for one player but not the other then so be it. I'm just sitting back and enjoying it unfold this summer, no pressure, no fretting, they'll do everything they can :)

11 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Me personally, no. I like the look of Ekitike and the fact Dortmund are interested says a lot. However, he’s 19 and our only other realistic striker option has a very poor fitness record. I think we need two strikers irrespective of what we add on the wings and in central midfield 

Man ... I reckon people on here are going to keel over when they realise our first team front line will feature Joelinton playing off Wilson, and the backup front line will be Ekitike playing off Wood.

4 minutes ago, simonsays said:

How was Wilson's injury record at Bournemouth?

It’s was good to be fair didn’t miss many games 

although he has ruptured his cruciate ligaments twice around 7 years ago and missed virtually two seasons

sure it was around 2015/16 

39 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I'd be alright with that, depending on who the other incoming are. If we brought in someone like Paqueta for example, he can cover centre forward.

56 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yeah. No point getting him if he isn't going to play. He's pretty much guaranteed gametime as back up to Wilson.

I do not think it is wise to keep Wilson and Wood, and bring two additional CFs when the club need plenty of players. I hope the club is not planning to do. I personally would give both Wilson and Wood another season before we go big next summer, particularly because the players that are worth getting are not available (Abraham, Osimhen, and Nunez in that order).

8 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Yeah. No point getting him if he isn't going to play. He's pretty much guaranteed gametime as back up to Wilson.

Think I’m here as well. Providing we can get enough game time out of Wilson; him, Ekitike, Wood and even Joelinton isn’t disastrous. Bonus if it frees up the budget for a goal-scoring RW and Paqueta.

Edited by McCormick

2 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I know Targett is the safe pick, but I do love a full-back who spends more time in the oppositions box than in his own half. Sod defending.

Appreciate that, but Targett has had a huge impact in our turn in form from preventing goals going in. Of course a great attacking presence from LB is nice, but I am worried about us being less solid without Targett, unless Lodi is just as impressive defensively.

3 minutes ago, hakka said:

Appreciate that, but Targett has had a huge impact in our turn in form from preventing goals going in. Of course a great attacking presence from LB is nice, but I am worried about us being less solid without Targett, unless Lodi is just as impressive defensively.

He isn’t, unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, Willow said:

Researching an offer, discussing an offer, considering an offer, preparing an offer, and possibly even offering an offer should the planets align

Monitoring the situation, getting it over the line, purple monkey dishwasher.

Ideally I think we'd all like to get Lodi AND Targett who could rotate, whilst moving on Lewis and having Dummettinho as backup :D Doubt that'll ever happen though, we're way off having double purples in every position but one can dream that it won't be too far in our future..

17 minutes ago, hakka said:

Hopefully with the make up of the team come this season, we will have a lot more of the ball in the opposition half. Our possession stats did improve a little under Howe, but ths is an area we need to improve on, as we often struggled to get over 40%. I'm certain it will be foremost in Howe's mind also. 

Edited by et tu brute

25 minutes ago, hakka said:

I get that, and my comment was tongue-in-cheek to an extent, but I trust Eddie to build the squad in line with how he wants us to play and I trust our scouts to find the right players to fit the brief.