More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, Jaqen said:

He's absolutely loved by Everton fans, mind. His workrate is brilliant and he fights for everything. He'd be a fan favourite I'm sure. 

ASM gets abuse much more because of his laziness, selfishness and taking about 10 minutes to get up after he goes down. Not that I agree with it. 

Could he be just unhappy at Everton and frustrated with it all? Maybe put him in his happy “blonde Brazilian amigos” place and we’d get the best out of him? 

2 hours ago, Ikon said:

Can anyone see us going the route of signing say two strikers like Gouiri and Ekitike for say something like 40m instead of spunking 70m+ on one striker. Mostly because this is our first summer window and we might struggle to attract the likes of Osimhen or Nunez right now. I’m also not convinced by Nunez. It would also give us money over to use for other positions. 

I kind of like the thought of going this route. We would spread our risks and still be able to start Wilson when fit. Gouiri for example is a player that can play both centrally as well as a wide forward. I think Gouiri will go on to big things in the next few years after a serious injury that he has now overcome it seems. Gouiri and Ekitike would give us both versatility and depth. I would love us to get someone like Osimhen but can’t see it. We need more depth up front. Also get rid of Wood if possible.

Personally I wouldn’t mind doing it this way. Probably more of a personal choice than what the club will do mind. With the right people around with real knowledge and equipment then maybe Wilson can stay fit slightly more often. He is class imo. 

I could see us going that route, Howe likes working with young players and by all accounts they want to lower age of squad. That Gouiri has definitely been scouted aswell according to Mark Douglas and looks some talent.

Edited by Whitley mag

As reported by Le10Sport, Lyon are advancing their interest for Lens midfielder Seko Fofana, who won this season’s GFFN 100 and the Marc-Vivien Foé award for the best African player in Ligue 1.

After some superb form over the last 18 months, the Ivorian midfielder is attracting much interest from overseas and in Ligue 1 ahead of the summer window. With Lyon stepping up theirs of late, the club may soon make an offer for the 27-year-old. Despite lacking European football next season, Lyon will likely need considerable midfield reinforcements this off-season.

However, OL may yet struggle to meet the midfielder’s wage demands while they face competition from Aston Villa, AC Milan, Leicester City, PSG, Newcastle and others.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

This. Anyone endorsing Richarlison is clearly not a regular match going fan. He’d be hounded out by January with his antics. He’s much worse than ASM and the crowd are already turning on him as the team improves around him. Can’t comment what they were like with him in the Bruce era but seemed more supportive when watching on the TV.

Bellamy was a gobby shite and came across as a nasty prick on the pitch but the fans loved him. Long as he gives 100% and produces the figures he has done in his career in England, he’d be a hit.

50 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Could he be just unhappy at Everton and frustrated with it all? Maybe put him in his happy “blonde Brazilian amigos” place and we’d get the best out of him? 

He's pretty much kept them up in the last couple of months. 19 goals and assist in that shocking team and was injured for a fair bit of it earlier on.

Everton fans reaction:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Everton/comments/v10xfn/richarlison_on_his_future_ive_already_made_it/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Most seem to agree he's earned a move to a better side.

Edited by Jaqen

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Bellamy was a gobby shite and came across as a nasty prick on the pitch but the fans loved him. Long as he gives 100% and produces the figures he has done in his career in England, he’d be a hit.

Big difference to being gobby and diving about and throwing arms up in air or feigning injury and holding your head at any slightly brush of arm etc. Prime Vardy reminded me of Bellamy but I ain’t starting that debate again 😂

37 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Big difference to being gobby and diving about and throwing arms up in air or feigning injury and holding your head at any slightly brush of arm etc. Prime Vardy reminded me of Bellamy but I ain’t starting that debate again 😂

His cheating antics has actually gotten me to root for someone to two foot hack him down so he would learn not to lay down every god damn time someone breathes on him, what a turd he is on the sport of football (the diving cunt)

6 hours ago, Stottie said:

Teenager outscoring his xG is a risk, but one I'd take. A high percentage (50%?) of those who get 10 a season in a big league as a teenager will be greats. One Anelka for every Frannie Jeffers. Ekitike in that red strip with the white shoulders has major Anelka/Henry vibes. Even if he's more Theo Walcott, let's see what Howe can do with him.

For the selling club, what you want is a big chunk of any sell-on profit. 15M now and potentially another 30M in the future when he goes to PSG. Do that and It can be win-win for all concerned.

I don't get this xG stuff like.

Edited by madras

Ekitike didn't outscore his xG that badly, 10 goals from 8.20xG. 

xG isn't perfect but it's a great tool in trying to analyse football outside of just the result or how many goals someone scored. I can't find Cisse's numbers for the 5th place season but I'm pretty sure no one in the world thought his finishing was sustainable. He scored 13 goals in 14 appearances, followed by 24 goals in 103 PL appearances for us.

Here's a two year old article about finishing, best finishers do outscore their xG but not by that much (Son at the top with 36%, Messi 22% and Ronaldo 5% for example). And even Son has had seasons where his xG is really close to his goals scored (17/18 and 19/20).

https://www.infogol.net/en/blog/analysis/hit-or-miss-the-most-clinical-finishers-in-europe-142020

11 minutes ago, Pata said:

Ekitike didn't outscore his xG that badly, 10 goals from 8.20xG. 

xG isn't perfect but it's a great tool in trying to analyse football outside of just the result or how many goals someone scored. I can't find Cisse's numbers for the 5th place season but I'm pretty sure no one in the world thought his finishing was sustainable. He scored 13 goals in 14 appearances, followed by 24 goals in 103 PL appearances for us.

Here's a two year old article about finishing, best finishers do outscore their xG but not by that much (Son at the top with 36%, Messi 22% and Ronaldo 5% for example). And even Son has had seasons where his xG is really close to his goals scored (17/18 and 19/20).

https://www.infogol.net/en/blog/analysis/hit-or-miss-the-most-clinical-finishers-in-europe-142020

Canny article - Cisse's form was never going to be sustainable, but the lad was Pardewed as well - a well-managed Cisse was probably somewhere between a thunderbastard every game and a one-in-four centre forward

xG is pretty useless when analysing a player like, especially over a short period of time (like 1 season).

I imagine it's useful for proper stat geeks in the game to look at how teams will create more opportunities playing a certain way (Pep might be told that getting to the byline and putting the ball in across the 6 yard box more leads to a higher xG for example), but as a number for some Twitter 'analyst' to pick out proving X player is scoring more than he should etc? You're not going to find anything out that you wouldn't just watching him.

11 hours ago, LFEE said:

Work rate possibly but Bellamy’s play was very unselfish whereas with Richarlison it seems all about him.

It seems like many might not be match goers according to you and therefore their opinions are wrong.  Yet, you can come with opinions about someone you've clearly not watched enough, evident by that statement alone.

Xg is a useful stat. 

It tells a story.  Slightly over performing it like 10 goals to 8. Something Xg is minor. And it’s clear that some players like Mason Greenwood are very composed finishers with great technique who will likely outwxore Xg throughout their careers. 

The eye test indicated Cisse’s run was unsustainable. 

It doesn't tell you anything that you cannot tell already by just watching a few games and a highlight reel though. And it'll be deceptive when it comes to players who have a tendency to score from range or have the ability to sneak goals in from daft angles. Only time will tell you whether or not that is luck, not an xG stat.

I've no doubt it has a lot of uses in high level data analysis but for the layman you're better off just going off what you've seen/heard from people you trust.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

It is a useful stat over a longer period (for ex. a season) when comparing teams. In single matches or even when comparing players don't see the point. xG should take into account if player has good long shots anyway.

xG is very useful, however I feel the role of striker (and keeper to be fair) is the most confidence based position on the entire pitch. Things like a players confidence, or overall general mentality, can be really hard to quantify with raw data. 

Now xA on the other hand, there is a useful stat. Pascal Gross at Brighton was the best example of club looking past initial numbers to find a real bit of diamond in the rough. He never posted huge assist numbers at Ingolstadt, however his xA was consistently through the roof. He was constantly creating good chances, they just weren't being finished.