More transfer rumours

midds

This is far too early in the window for my liking.

We haven't even monitored him long enough or even kept tabs on him. Surely we should be doing this first before bidding 1/3 of the asking price on deadline day?

Stupid idiots!!

6 minutes ago, midds said:

I do think we'll see lots of deals getting done now as I think the new accounts period stated today? Any transfers done from here will count to a different financial year? Or am I just chatting utter shit? :lol:

Can see that tbh.

It's a business at the end of the day.

Guest HTT II
8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

That'd be the striker sorted, he can play out wide if needed too.

We can’t rely on a bit of a donkey in Wood, a made of glass Wilson and some 19 year old kid from France…

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

We aren't going to spend £30m+ on this guy then another big chunk on another CF.

Hopefully he does the business 

I think we will…

18 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

We aren't going to spend £30m+ on this guy then another big chunk on another CF.

I do think Howe is comfortable with Wilson as first-choice. Wouldn’t be shocked if we go into the new season with Wilson-Ekitike-Wood as our options up front.

Just now, Tomato Deuce said:

I do think Howe is comfortable with Wilson as first-choice. Wouldn’t be shocked if we go into the new season with Wilson-Ekitike-Wood as our options up front.

I can see us looking at another one. Someone like Gouiri who can play both centrally and as a wide forward. Especially when you take into account how many games ASM has missed too.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Shame.

One can always wish. If we get the right players in and show real ambition then he will want to join. It’s all a way for him to say things like this to create some interest. 

But yeah, might reject us. 

Edited by Ikon

41 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Think it all depends on what we do with Joelinton. 

My gut feeling is that he will be pushed further up the pitch to play as a support striker/attacking midfielder, similar to how Josh King was used when playing with Callum. If Howe goes that route then it will be Joe and Wilson with Ekitike being another option to Joe, and Wood being another option to Wilson. This would keep Wood further up the pitch like at Burnley when he played with Barnes, and looked much better, and so he'd be much more useful. Couldn't see another striker coming in, in this scenario, but instead a wide forward for either wing, depending on where ASM ultimately plays on the left or right side.

However, we might also see Joe put on the left, with ASM moving on the right, if we don't manage to get in a wide forward we like. In which case we'd likely get another support striker to go into the first team to play alongside Callum Wilson. 

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

My gut feeling is that he will be pushed further up the pitch to play as a support striker/attacking midfielder, similar to how Josh King was used when playing with Callum. If Howe goes that route then it will be Joe and Wilson with Ekitike being another option to Joe, and Wood being another option to Wilson. This would keep Wood further up the pitch like at Burnley when he played with Barnes, and looked much better, and so he'd be much more useful. Couldn't see another striker coming in, in this scenario, but instead a wide forward for either wing, depending on where ASM ultimately plays on the left or right side.

However, we might also see Joe put on the left, with ASM moving on the right, if we don't manage to get in a wide forward we like. In which case we'd likely get another support striker to go into the first team to play alongside Callum Wilson. 

You seem to be 100% convinced Howe is going to play a 4-4-2 [emoji38] 

I think a 3-4-3 or sticking with our 4-3-3 is more likely but I guess all we can do is wait and see. Fuck, I'm so excited for next season!

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Joelinton should play where he is now or not at all imo 

2 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

You seem to be 100% convinced Howe is going to play a 4-4-2 [emoji38] 

I think a 3-4-3 or sticking with our 4-3-3 is more likely but I guess all we can do is wait and see. Fuck, I'm so excited for next season!

Yeah, it's just what I see him going with, but we'll see how things play out. Really looking forward to it too! :thup: 

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Joelinton should play where he is now or not at all imo 

I'm good with whatever Howe decides on. That man really knows what he's doing like :lol:

For what it's worth, I wouldn't be surprised if even if we go with Joe pushed further up, he still then has him drop deeper defensively so we then defend in the 4-3-3 we had this season when we don't have the ball.

Quite a few have been pushing the Rabiot to toon links. Not convinced we are after him. Maybe driving up the asking price for Chelsea?

Rabiot seems to have a ton of detractors online, especially France supporters? I really don't know enough about him to know if he would be a good get for us or not :dontknow: