More transfer rumours

midds

I reckon we'll have Targett, Pope, Botman, and Ekitike officially done in time for the first day of pre-season, like. Not a bad June, if it happens.

Fascinated to see who'd be next.

48 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

This is likely noise from his agent  trying to get Barca/Chelsea to hurry up. 

Jacques Talbot saying the exact same thing. Seems to be more prevalent than ever this window.

5 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Jacques Talbot saying the exact same thing. Seems to be more prevalent than ever this window.

Works for both parties in this case, gives Lille something to think about as well. 

13 minutes ago, Rich said:

I reckon we'll have Targett, Pope, Botman, and Ekitike officially done in time for the first day of pre-season, like. Not a bad June, if it happens.

Fascinated to see who'd be next.

That would be a great start to the window to be honest. Botman and Ekitike are people who can slot into the first team with one eye to the future. Targett and Pope players who know the league, and add much needed competition in there respective positions. Small steps and all that, but we're slowly building to a team should be able to at the very least comfortable finish mid-table. 

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Sarr close to West Ham according to a few reports this morning 

I thought quite highly of him, but Watford fans don't seem impressed. Lack of IQ, end product and didn't give a shit all season apparently. 

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

West Ham, Arsenal, Villa seemingly in for good players. 

If Arsenal sign Raphinha and Jesus they'll fight for top 4 again.

And do a Spurs or an Arsenal as it’s now called and fail at the last hurdle.

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, TRC said:

I thought quite highly of him, but Watford fans don't seem impressed. Lack of IQ, end product and didn't give a shit all season apparently. 

Every time I saw him he was their most dangerous player, averages a goal every 3 games across his career, not bad for a winger. Watford were as horrendous all season as we were pre Howe.

Guest HTT II
9 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Think fans of relegated teams often claim similar of their more talented attacking players. He'll go on to well at a much better team than Watford. 

Just look at the criticism of ASM, and I’m one of them!

12 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

Whilst I agree we need better creativity on the wings, our midfield is set up to counter, with little alternative in reserve. We do need somebody who can control the game in the opponents half. Bruno can probably do that, but then you need to replace Bruno.

Our trouble is that we need better in almost every area and that isn't happening in one window. I'm prepared to trust Almiron, Fraser and ASM on the wings, it's a nice blend of hard graft and flair, nicely balanced by our WBs.

It's easy to forget, given our remarkable run this year, that we haven't seen much of our current best eleven.

Almiron has linked up nicely with Bruno, and Krafth [in Trippier's absence]. If he can do the same with Trippier then we improve. Wilson is ten times the player that Wood is, and he improves ASM's contribution.

We're really not too far from being a solid top ten team, for this season. And I think a no10 would go further towards guaranteeing that than a RW. Although both would be nice.

We were basically that by the end of last season. We should be looking to push for top 6-8 this time round, and we aren't going to do it unless we bring in two or three players who significantly improve us.