More transfer rumours

midds

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

A lot of the deadwood will go in late August. Nobody will be in a rush to sign Dwight Gayle.

He is still a good Championship striker who will get goals at that level.

6 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Players who scored 10 goals last season:

Antonio (36 matches)

Dennis (33 matches)

Fernandes (36 matches)

Richarlison (30 matches)

JWP (36 matches)

Smith Rowe (33 matches)

Not a chance Wood gets 10 goals, even as a first choice striker.

Wood's only job next season will be to provide cover if and when Wilson gets injured. Hopefully we'll have someone in before then who will put him down to 3rd choice as I still think we are bringing in another striker.

8 minutes ago, TRon said:

Wood's only job next season will be to provide cover if and when Wilson gets injured. Hopefully we'll have someone in before then who will put him down to 3rd choice as I still think we are bringing in another striker.

Is Howe a ‘we set up this way and let the opposition cope with it’ kind of manager, or a ‘different formations and tactics for different opposition’ type? If latter then Wood may still be a sometimes starter (all based on Eddies’s rating of him). 

13 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Is Howe a ‘we set up this way and let the opposition cope with it’ kind of manager, or a ‘different formations and tactics for different opposition’ type? If latter then Wood may still be a sometimes starter (all based on Eddies’s rating of him). 

The former normally but will alter his team to play certain sides. He did that against Chelsea once where he changed systems and played fraser as wingback and they beat them 3-0

31 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I don't think Wood's good enough to justify starting ahead of Wilson in any situation, but if Wilson is out, then at least he provides some presence up front, and nuisance value. It only becomes a problem if Wilson is out for a lengthy spell, but as I said, I do  expect us to bring in another striker, although not an experienced or proven one unless some fantastic deal drops in our lap. It's going to be someone in the frame of Ekitike, an exciting prospect who we think will come good.

Just now, Big River said:

would rather persist with Longstaff than go for McTominay. he's pap.

x2

Something about McTominay that irks me too

55 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

A lot of the deadwood will go in late August. Nobody will be in a rush to sign Dwight Gayle.

51 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

He is still a good Championship striker who will get goals at that level.

Could see Watford come in for him.