More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Statistically one of the best managers in our history you mean. 

You're turning your nose up a player that was brought into the team by Jose Mourinho, and was part of a side that finished in second place just over 12 months ago. He would massively improve you. 

I don't want to argue but you'll get absolutely nowhere on here (and most other venues I'd imagine) trying to argue that Mourinho and especially fucking Ole are highly thought of managers whose opinion should be valued.

1 minute ago, jonny1403 said:

I don't want to argue but you'll get absolutely nowhere on here (and most other venues I'd imagine) trying to argue that Mourinho and especially fucking Ole are highly thought of managers whose opinion should be valued.

I'm not going to argue. Like you said, no point, and I know the player infinitely better than anyone else on here. 

Unless I've had a rake of pints I'm fairly sure I've never come on here and criticised a Newcastle player. 

Except when you cunts were saying £50m for Sean Longstaff who is just a diet McTominay. 

Just now, Froggy said:

I'm not going to argue. Like you said, no point, and I know the player infinitely better than anyone else on here. 

Unless I've had a rake of pints I'm fairly sure I've never come on here and criticised a Newcastle player. 

Except when you cunts were saying £50m for Sean Longstaff who is just a diet McTominay. 

You won't get me arguing against the Longstaff comparison. But he's our 4th/5th choice CM. Bruno and Joelinton offer much more than McTominay so I doubt anyone sees the logic in paying the £40m+ it would take to get McTominay (as you say, not that you would sell or he would have any interest in coming).

12 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I don't see McTominay as some Man Utd great, but he's a good player and has been important for us for years. 

It's like when opposition fans and the media tried to tell you that Bruce did a good job and couldn't understand why you worshipped Benitez. 

I've watched McTominay every minute of every game he's played in, whereas the majority of you have only seen highlights. He's a far better player than opposition fans give him credit for. 

I’m not saying he’s bad though, just that being an important player in arguably the most unsuccessful era in Man United’s history is damning with faint praise.

I’ve watched Man United a lot (obviously not as much as you) and I agree that he’s often looked like your best and most committed player, but I think that’s undoubtedly more an indictment on your other players over the years than a reflection on his ability as a player at the level you're aspiring to.

Just like Herrera, but at a lower level again, if he’s going to play a big role for you and you have aspirations of winning the league, it’s a big red flag imo. Weirdly (it’s still an alien feeling that I can’t really accept) it’s that same eventual aspiration that means I wouldn’t want him at Newcastle.

11 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Scott McT hides from the ball.  A LOT.

Theres a few videos where he makes a point to not be available when they play out from the back.

I assume he’s been linked to us, if so I’d rather have ginger Pirlo back.

Edited by RodneyCisse

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

Nicky Butt, Alan Smith, Gabriel Obertan, Danny Simpson. We should make it a policy not to sign anyone from Man Utd.

On the other hand Gillespie and Liam O'Brien. We completely fucked up not signing Rossi as well imo. 

15 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Well yeah precisely. I'm still not even sure I would prefer McTominay.

Guest HTT II

He’s a decent player to be fair, just not top tier, he does most things well, he’s levels above Longstaff that’s for sure, but way below someone like Bruno. He’s arguably been Man Utd’s most consistent player for a few years now when played and under several managers too. I like him, but he’s not what we need nor Man Utd really.

As much as I love winding up @Froggy, someday we will have to learn that fans of other clubs often have a better handle on their players and managers that we do.

To call McTominay shite, just lacks any sort of nuance. A lad like that under SAFs Man Utd would have gone on to have a career similar to someone like Fletcher IMO, who was a great squad player and top professional.

Personally, I think the past year might have stunted his development irreparably but I wouldn't rule out ETH getting a tune out of him in some capacity.

11 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He’s a decent player to be fair, just not top tier, he does most things well, he’s levels above Longstaff that’s for sure, but way below someone like Bruno. He’s arguably been Man Utd’s most consistent player for a few years now when played and under several managers too. I like him, but he’s not what we need nor Man Utd really.

I think he's exactly what we need, which is a solid squad player who plays for the badge. 

Too many overpaid players full of talent who drop their tools at the first sign of trouble. McTominay will never do that. 

We've always had players like him in the side. 

27 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I also wouldn't keep hanging onto that 2nd place finish from 2 seasons ago, you were still miles off it while other teams had big off seasons. 

I think the end of next season is when I'll get over it. I still miss Ole. 

Guest HTT II

I think he's exactly what we need, which is a solid squad player who plays for the badge. 

Too many overpaid players full of talent who drop their tools at the first sign of trouble. McTominay will never do that. 

We've always had players like him in the side. 

Aye he’s a Carrick or Fletcher in a Fergie Man Utd side, I like him me, he’d walk into our current side, but he’s not big star quality and that will go against him for some reason.

It seemed a good idea at the time. 

Rangnick's literal thing is long-term thinking though, and you guys went all "let's hire him on a temp deal" :lol: 

Edited by Kaizero