More transfer rumours

midds

4 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Jack Colback is shedding a tear of pride at that hiding from the ball.

Looks good on the data because you’re constantly moving but shite in video form, when you can see what’s actually going on.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Incredible how many people just don't watch or don't know about football. :lol:

Not a chance he's sold unless he's shat in ETH's cornflakes. 

Arguably our best player under Mourinho and integral under Ole. He'll have a big role to play at us. 

A Twitter thread why he’s not shit:

This sums him up pretty well by Frank McAvennie a few months ago:

“I love him but he’s not good enough for Man United. He strolls about the midfield."

“I’m a great fan of his and he’s one of the boys (Roy) Keane picked on and he was dead right."

“McTominay was letting City walk all over them. There was absolutely nothing in that midfield."

He used the former United captain as an example: “Keane would have up-ended the guy running with the ball and walked away."

“McTominay is a good player but he just seems to stroll in some games."

“I would like to see him get stuck in a bit more. He needs to show the fans he’s hurting.”

An article why MUFC need to replace him in the summer:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scott-mctominay-stat-manchester-united-23835723.amp

Edited by SweMag

21 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Yep, he’s in decline now. I wouldn’t want Shearer up front either.

I'm not sure a 30-year-old who scored 26 goals between 19/20 and 20/21 is comparable to 51-year-old with two dodgy knees who hasn't played professional football for 17 years ;D

Just now, Keegans Export said:

I'm not sure a 30-year-old who scored 26 goals between 19/20 and 20/21 is comparable to 51-year-old with two dodgy knees who hasn't played professional football for 17 years ;D

Unfortunately,  for us, there is very little comparable between the two. 

30 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Yep, he’s in decline now. I wouldn’t want Shearer up front either.

Didnt Shearer score a grand total of 7 (ish) goals by the age of 22?

Makes his overall record, with 2 seasons missing due to injury, even more impressive.

3 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Didnt Shearer score a grand total of 7 (ish) goals by the age of 22?

Makes his overall record, with 2 seasons missing due to injury, even more impressive.

He was never prolific until he signed for Blackburn. Remember seeing a clip a few years ago from when he first signed for Blackburn and he even said himself.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

14 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I don’t mind McTominay like. Think he’d be a good fit alongside Bruno & Joelinton.

Not sure on that. His run around/ in your face style is similar ish to Joelinton and neither offer too much in possession. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He was never prolific until he signed for Blackburn. Remember seeing a clip a few years ago from when he first signed for Blackburn and he even said himself.

Got 14 goals in 48 appearances and 21 goals in 60 during his last two Southampton seasons. The three preceding seasons, he got 8 goals in 50 in total.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Could work good in our high pressing game? Joelinton from the left of the three, McTominay from the right, Bruno in the middle.

Potentially, I’d prefer to sign a proper DM and have Bruno with license to get forward if we’re playing 433. Don’t think McSauce is good enough to play as a DM as one (or really a two if Bruno was alongside).

Decent enough player though. Not Man Utd aspiration level but certainly decent PL. Leeds could do worse as a replacer for Philips.

43 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

Rangnick's literal thing is long-term thinking though, and you guys went all "let's hire him on a temp deal" :lol: 

Well the original plan was for him to stick around and advise long term. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Potentially, I’d prefer to sign a proper DM and have Bruno with license to get forward if we’re playing 433. Don’t think McSauce is good enough to play as a DM as one (or really a two if Bruno was alongside).

Decent enough player though. Not Man Utd aspiration level but certainly decent PL. Leeds could do worse as a replacer for Philips.

Do agree that we need a DM like. Think all the CMs we have bring different qualities but that’s the one element we lack.

McTominay wouldn't be an awful signing. Especially as we do lack depth in the middle (defensively) now with Hayden gone and Hendrick on his way.

As long as the price isn't ridiculous, I'd have him. 

Not seen him play but you’d imagine he’d be similar to an Ekitike in that he may not be ready to start games but will be in and around the first team picture (depending on injuries and form). More or less playing first team for Salzburg, which is a good sign.

I like this idea we have of buying the best upcoming 18/19/20yr olds from around Europe. Will reap the rewards of these sort of signings in 2/3yrs time. Especially while our academy gets its act together and we start producing these ourselves.