More transfer rumours

midds

I didn't get the hype about Hudson-Odoi at first either but then more recently (start of last season or year before?) He was starting alot for Chelsea and was looking really good every time I saw him...but then seemed to disappear completely. I guess was injured or couldn't get back in the team 2nd half of season.

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

CHO feels like the kinda player we’d loan under Ashley. By and large a disappointment at Chelsea. 

He's only 21 like. Think he could be a good option for the right wing spot

My initial reaction to both links is interesting. I was far more excited by the idea of Gordon than CHO. Yet, I'm entirely aware that CHO is far more talented (skills wise) than Gordon.

I think I'm concerned that CHO would be an Atsu type signing, someone who comes in, contributes and shows flashes of what he's capable of but ultimately is too inconsistent to be a long term solution. Where as Gordon seems like someone who will be around for a long time, a Milner type if you will, a grafter, a team player, someone who will be a real asset to a squad.

To be honest, I'm not against either signing but CHO for 20m (just guessing) would be a better signing than Gordon for 35m. Right now we need quality in the final third and CHO would provide that. He seems pretty versatile too from what I've seen.

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

He's only 21 like. Think he could be a good option for the right wing spot

If that’s the main signing in the final 3rd it is very underwhelming. Doesn’t get many goals or assists. An upgrade on Murphy and Almiron but that isn’t saying much. Doesn’t take us up a level like Diaby would 

Edited by gdm

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

CHO feels like the kinda player we’d loan under Ashley. By and large a disappointment at Chelsea. 

He's got lost under all the players Chelsea keep buying in those wide areas and upfront, which has meant he often got played at right wing back, to try and fit him in.

I like him. He's not just an out and out winger but comes inside when playing on either side, and plays with his head up and always has some nice passing interchanges with players around him. Also has the pace and trickery to beat a man.

Tuchel doesn't really make good use of him at all and overlooks him, and so we could well get him on an initial loan with an obligation at a decent price next summer. Think he could end up being another Tammy Abraham or Tomori type situation where they let a really good young talent go.

4 minutes ago, STM said:

My initial reaction to both links is interesting. I was far more excited by the idea of Gordon than CHO. Yet, I'm entirely aware that CHO is far more talented (skills wise) than Gordon.

The thing is, if they both switched teams, none of us would likely know who Gordon was as Tuchel probably wouldn't even have him in the first team, and CHO would have done more with all those Everton minutes, playing further up the pitch as a proper wide man and not a wing back IMO.

6 minutes ago, STM said:

I think I'm concerned that CHO would be an Atsu type signing, someone who comes in, contributes and shows flashes of what he's capable of but ultimately is too inconsistent to be a long term solution. Where as Gordon seems like someone who will be around for a long time, a Milner type if you will, a grafter, a team player, someone who will be a real asset to a squad.

To be honest, I'm not against either signing but CHO for 20m (just guessing) would be a better signing than Gordon for 35m. Right now we need quality in the final third and CHO would provide that. He seems pretty versatile too from what I've seen.

Nailed the comparison: Atsu and Milner, or maybe latter’s effort/type  with a more Bellamy attitude. 

1 hour ago, SteV said:

We really saying ‘meh’ to a 21 year old who’s played over 70 times for Chelsea and been capped by England?

I’ve never seen much from him. Similar to RLC. Seem happy in a comfort zone on £165k pw (CHO iirc).

Edited by LFEE