More transfer rumours

midds

Aye, but didn’t Everton spend big several windows in a row? 

Given FFP is measured over a few years, and we’ve spent basically nothing for over a decade, seems like we’re in a strong position.

Obviously that doesn’t mean you should go out and blow your load in one window, but in theory we ‘could’ spend loads. 

4 minutes ago, Manxst said:

This. The owners have a long term plan and spending a load of cash this year will only hamper our ability to build/spend in future windows. We’re well on the way and doing the right things, but shouldn’t spend hundreds of millions right now as we’ll be looking to spend those amounts in ‘top tier’ brackets of players in the next year or three. Spending now (which we could do) will prevent us from doing that in the future.

Everything I've read says we could spend that and be well within FFP but I think they are looking for a sustainable build and are keen to let it known we aren't going to be ripped off because we have the money. I like that we are after players who has years ahead of them and could well be worth a lot more in a year or two.

I don't think we'll spend that much but wouldn't be surprised if we spent a decent amount more than we already have should the right deals come available.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Given FFP is measured over a few years, and we’ve spent basically nothing for over a decade, seems like we’re in a strong position.

Obviously that doesn’t mean you should go out and blow your load in one window, but in theory we ‘could’ spend loads. 

Everton have -€108.80m deficit for the last five years according to https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-league/fuenfjahresvergleich/wettbewerb/GB1

talk of us spending another £120m or so on top of what we’ve already done is either wishful thinking, or simply not thinking beyond the next few years.

I don’t see a reason not to get a quality CM now on top of a young quality striker and Quality RW. Whether that CM is young or not or on loan or whatever,  it should be done because it’s a loooong time until Christmas. Getting a good start is invaluable. Then evaluate in January and see where we stand and maybe even push on. No point in waiting. Bruno is our only top quality CM. Joelinton no doubt has potential and is extremely important, even if not for his ball playing skills mostly, especially in the last third. 

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah I was more pointing that FFP does effect his example.

5 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Everton have -€108.80m deficit for the last five years according to https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-league/fuenfjahresvergleich/wettbewerb/GB1

talk of us spending another £120m or so on top of what we’ve already done is either wishful thinking, or simply not thinking beyond the next few years.

Is that saying only Arsenal, Man U & Spurs have a bigger net spend?

5 minutes ago, Manxst said:

The Tifo video after the takeover basically said with the right sponsorships and Ashley pocketing most of the cash it's possible to spend like 800M over the next few years but those big sponsorships haven't come yet so the budget isn't unlimited because as you point out there are the next few years to also consider and new sponsorships are coming likely but how much exactly isn't known yet.

13 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Everton's issue is that they have spent money without really increasing their revenue.

Our revenue is going to increase dramatically, our current financial position is not what it will be in three years.

The higher up the table we can get in the short term the more we will be able to increase our revenue, because what is a fair market value sponsorship deal for a team in the top 6 will be vastly different to a bottom half team.

So there is good reason to suspect that we will spend beyond what would be currently sustainable under ffp in this window.

8 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

I'm confident of more big investment still early days in the window yet with priority positions yet to fill.

EH wanted 3 no more than 4 added to the group on top of MT, so that leaves us looking for a young CF and a forward that can play wide. We’ll possibly spend another £60m. £70m max if we move 4 more out.

Just now, LFEE said:

EH wanted 3 no more than 4 added to the group on top of MT, so that leaves us looking for a young CF and a forward that can play wide. We’ll possibly spend another £60m. £70m max if we move 4 more out.

Some people just don't listen when Howe and the owners speak. They've convinced themselves it's all a ruse to hood wink other clubs before we spend a billion this window.

2 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Everton's issue is that they have spent money without really increasing their revenue.

Our revenue is going to increase dramatically, our current financial position is not what it will be in three years.

The higher up the table we can get in the short term the more we will be able to increase our revenue, because what is a fair market value sponsorship deal for a team in the top 6 will be vastly different to a bottom half team.

So there is good reason to suspect that we will spend beyond what would be currently sustainable under ffp in this window.

I get it. But spending money that might come in, at the moment, seems like Barca’s situation where they’re selling future TV rights to pay for transfers and wages. Let’s get the commercial deals in first before going mad, eh? 

Regardless of £££ or stated number of players,  I’m quite confident we’ll get what we need. That may well include an extra addition we weren’t prioritising who has become available/  unexpectedly fell out of one of the (full forest of…) trees we’ve allegedly been shaking. Basically if we can improve, I think we’re willing and able to do so. 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Isn’t he a CB ? Can’t see us signing another defender 

Unless we get rid of one or two. Priority HAS to be attacking positions now. 

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Some people just don't listen when Howe and the owners speak. They've convinced themselves it's all a ruse to hood wink other clubs before we spend a billion this window.

Yeah I find it very strange how people just refuse to listen. 2 more will come in a striker and a winger. Wouldn’t be surprised if one is a loan 

15 minutes ago, Manxst said:

I get it. But spending money that might come in, at the moment, seems like Barca’s situation where they’re selling future TV rights to pay for transfers and wages. Let’s get the commercial deals in first before going mad, eh? 

Because revenue will go up whatever, but to maximise that and be able to attract the players to push on, and keep hold of the likes of Bruno and Botman, we need to be competing to get into Europe in the short term.

Edited by Jackie Broon

24 minutes ago, KaKa said:

You think they are going to tell rival clubs our exact transfer plans and budget like? 

16 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Because revenue will go up whatever, but to maximise that and be able to attract the players to push on, and keep hold of the likes of Bruno and Botman, we need to be competing to get into Europe in the short term.

Well he competing to get into Europe (top 8?) either this year or next, without spending another £150m on top of what we already have done, imo.