More transfer rumours

midds

15 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I’ve never seen much from him. Similar to RLC. Seem happy in a comfort zone on £165k pw (CHO iirc).

Agree wages are astronomical (if true) and quite possibly a sticking point.

Massive difference between him and RLC is one is 21 and the other is 26. Clearly CHO’s ceiling for improvement would be a lot higher at this moment.

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

I think this one might be a goer. The guy needs consistent game-time, is the type of age we’re targeting and Chelsea would probably be willing to do a deal. If we’re really in for him we could get this done reasonably quickly you’d hope.

Plus they’re signing Sterling imminently too. 

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

So in need of something concrete. Feels like an aaaagge since we signed someone. Is this the new normal? 

Botman was literally just last week wasn’t he? 

22 minutes ago, gdm said:

Not a chance we spend £170m this window. :lol:

I predicted 175 at the end the season so I'd be happy to be 5 million shy. Our priority must be attacking players I think we've only signed the defenders first because deals were already in place and took the opportunity with Pope as Burnley were relegated.

I did enjoy Edwards reporting it'd be quiet until at least early next week, then only 48 hours later claim that we were in deadlocked talks for Diaby. Still banging the Harrison drum too despite his reporting on our alleged budget. He's a mess of a journalist, shame he gets social media or he'd be an irrelevance now.

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

Riches they can only dream of man.

Have you heard of a thing called ffp? You need to calm down. We’ll sign 2 more players 3 if we are lucky and won’t be anywhere near £120m spent on them. 

13 minutes ago, gdm said:

Have you heard of a thing called ffp? You need to calm down. We’ll sign 2 more players 3 if we are lucky and won’t be anywhere near £120m spent on them. 

That was a bit tongue in cheek mate but do think we'll spend 120 million aye, ffp doesn't seem to bother anyone else Everton were making 50 million quid signings a few seasons ago.

2 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

That was a bit tongue in cheek mate but do think we'll spend 120 million aye, ffp doesn't seem to bother anyone else Everton were making 50 million quid signings a few seasons ago.

And Everton could only buy Gray last summer because of it.

Edited by madras

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Given that we know we asked about Gordon as well, it seems that we're only at the putting the feelers out stage.

Or we have given up on Diaby and started ramping up the winger enquiries.

1 minute ago, madras said:

And Everton could only buy Gray last summer because of it.

This. The owners have a long term plan and spending a load of cash this year will only hamper our ability to build/spend in future windows. We’re well on the way and doing the right things, but shouldn’t spend hundreds of millions right now as we’ll be looking to spend those amounts in ‘top tier’ brackets of players in the next year or three. Spending now (which we could do) will prevent us from doing that in the future.

I think they will get a winger and striker in before the end of the window.   Then in January if we pushing for Europa spot, I think they will spend again in Jan.    I think they are aiming for Europe qualification if possible next year.    That will then allow for large sponsorship deals and then the next level of player willing to join.    IMHO