More transfer rumours

midds

1 hour ago, kingxlnc said:

I've decided now - the three signings I want to round the team out before end of transfer window most now. 

Sesko, Kamaldeen and Pacqueta 

I would also keep Anderson

Gives us serious strength in depth up top, and would future proof the team as Anderson, Sesko and Kamaldeen wouldn't need to be registered. 

Would bring the total age way down of the squad…

Captain Pedant says No!

11 minutes ago, Bompeter said:

Draxler is an Everton/Hamez type signing - big name, been shite for ages, big European club looking to get rid with very few takers

Not that it’s going to happen, but I’d be very confident he’d be crap for us if it did.

James was good for Everton

9 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Lyon have said they need to trim their squad and they’ll consider offers for all of their players 

Lyon are the only ones making noises about him leaving, don’t think any club has made a serious enquiry this summer 

38 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Lyon are the only ones making noises about him leaving, don’t think any club has made a serious enquiry this summer 

Lyon do appear to be truly desperate to cash-in.  I know he's the dogs bollocks according to all fellow NUFC supporters and he plays videogames online with his mate Bruno G after meeting him for stotties and a pint on the Quayside - but there is that paranoid part of me that wonders why they appear very happy to sell, yet there isn't a shitload of suitors queuing up?

I'm not suggesting he isn't lightyears ahead of Longstaff, of course.

Just now, Dokko said:

It would do us all well to realise just how insane and impossible the ideas for The Line and Neom are like. The overpromising and underdelivering is there to see. 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

It would do us all well to realise just how insane and impossible the ideas for The Line and Neom are like. The overpromising and underdelivering is there to see. 

I get the Moshiri/Everton vibes about MBS’ spending 

Edited by Mikky

I'm still very relaxed about the window but would like to see signings now cause it's fun. We're getting to the point now where things will get moving again as clubs with good players but have cashflow issues will be getting itchy that they can't complete their plans without making some sales. More sensible pricepoints will emerge & we'll do the necessary deals.

What has been surprising (actually, not really surprising at all) from some fans on Twitter has been the amnesia about how our forward line looked towards the back end of last season - we were starting to play some really nice stuff along with our improved solidity. Some have gone on like we'll barely be able to win a game with Fraser or Miggy on the right for a few games which is just not true at all. They're capable enough to contribute in the short-term.

32 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Lyon do appear to be truly desperate to cash-in.  I know he's the dogs bollocks according to all fellow NUFC supporters and he plays videogames online with his mate Bruno G after meeting him for stotties and a pint on the Quayside - but there is that paranoid part of me that wonders why they appear very happy to sell, yet there isn't a shitload of suitors queuing up?

I'm not suggesting he isn't lightyears ahead of Longstaff, of course.

It's actually quite refreshing to see a foreign club being realistic and financially prudent. After the bollocks of the last window and the Diego Carlos non-event it's nice to see clubs taking some responsibility for their future. On the other end of the spectrum we have Barcelona...

1 hour ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Lyon have said they need to trim their squad and they’ll consider offers for all of their players 

Is this the same Bruno Cheyrou who joined Liverpool supposed to be the next Zidane, and turned out to be a bit rubbish?

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

It's actually quite refreshing to see a foreign club being realistic and financially prudent. After the bollocks of the last window and the Diego Carlos non-event it's nice to see clubs taking some responsibility for their future. On the other end of the spectrum we have Barcelona...

That's if what Lyon are reported as wanting or wanted is actually true ?

Just now, gjohnson said:

Is this the same Bruno Cheyrou who joined Liverpool supposed to be the next Zidane, and turned out to be a bit rubbish?

only thing he had common was he looked like him 

scored 2 in the fa cup against us did he not?

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

I'd take him and Anthony Le Tallec at this point

6 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Yep, he was crap but had a decent few weeks during the middle of the 03/04 season at the same time Robert was on fire. Cheyrou got called up for France at left-wing ahead of him as he played there during that little run of games even though he was more a central-midfielder, don't think Robert was the same player ever again, think he lost something after that mentally.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

35 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

PIF do this all the time. The Harimain railway, the King Abdulaziz airport, all the housing projects, Neom, Kingdom Tower, Qiddya even. Aim unrealistically high, underfund, delay, delay, delay, fire foreign project leader; rinse and repeat.