More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, Joey Linton said:

How many other clubs have signed what you'd consider three guaranteed starters for their first team?

I don't mean in the signings we've made I'm over the moon with them. Mean we are having a nightmare with further recruitment either quoted silly prices, players not wanting to come and agents etc. Think they seem frustrated.

I really like Leicester. [emoji38]

They are are great blueprint on how to do it. They are clearly going through a sticky phase but thar happens to everyone.

I suspect Rodgers will be replaced by Brightons manager in the next 18 months.

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

I don't mean in the signings we've made I'm over the moon with them. Mean we are having a nightmare with further recruitment either quoted silly prices, players not wanting to come and agents etc. Think they seem frustrated.

Or they've a plan and valuations in mind for players they want and for now they are sticking to it.

Just watched some clips of this lad that we're linked to, Kamaldeen Sulemana.

Super exciting, young, rapid and technical. Also the amount of times he presses the ball and wins it back is exactly how Howe has us set up. 

Something Maxi refuses to do also.

I'd rather we spend 25-30m on him than some of the fees being banded around for Harrison and the like.

Would love us to add some genuine pace out wide to scare the shit out of the opposition.

7 minutes ago, STM said:

They are are great blueprint on how to do it. They are clearly going through a sticky phase but thar happens to everyone.

I’d bet on Poch getting it 

Guest HTT II
13 minutes ago, STM said:

They are a model club on how to recruit, sell, how to run a club and are an inspiration to any club from ourselves to a Bournemouth.

19 minutes ago, STM said:

I've a feeling Poch will end up there for some reason.

1 hour ago, jonny1403 said:

Four times? Bruno, Wood, Botman and who else?

I checked Transfermarkt and they labelled Trippier but that could be way off. I'm not sure on the full fee (just that we had to pay more after staying up)

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, toon25 said:

I've a feeling Poch will end up there for some reason.

He’ll be at Chelsea when they bin off Tuchel IMO.

41 minutes ago, Manxst said:

If it’s the same squad, then it sounds like you’re going backwards rather than looking up, in fairness? 

Did you not read the part about injuries? That’s been going on for two seasons + now. This will be the strongest the squad has been for a very long time.

Also, that presumes everyone’s signings work. I’m sure as you know, they don’t.

My view doesn’t change, anything in the top 10 can happen depending on injuries  etc.

Guest HTT II
Just now, Manxst said:

Or Arsenal when Arteta is given the push 

Not a bad shout, I think Arsenal will be pushing for a top 4 spot for the majority of the season so they will likely stick with him for now unless things go drastically wrong earlier in the season.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

Just pre season but something seems a bit off at Chelsea.

Tuchel is already moaning and throwing his players under the bus, new owners may want their own man too. I don’t think they have the right players for what he wants to do/play. I’m certain he wasn’t enamoured with the idea of Lukaku returning and I can see players again being signed without his full consent. I can see Tuchel going back to Germany or maybe Italy sooner rather than later. He’s a top manager, but very cantankerous and a bit of a control freak by the look of things. Very huffy too!

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Leicester wanted Rafa when he was with us. I think he’ll be there before the season is out.

Fuck me I forgot all about him, that’s another good shout and something I think he’d be well up for.

27 minutes ago, STM said:

Not sure it’s even that sticky really, about the same as we always have done. We sell an asset and reinvest.

I think the biggest issue is that we did so well under Rodgers, they wanted to back him and keep the team together, rather than say cash in on Tielemans a year ago. Now he’ll end up going on a free in a year, and it mucks up the sell to reinvest that we’ve done so well.

So now you might have to lose another asset to balance things. 

So long as we stick to the principles that got us where we are, I’m sure there will be a dip and then we’ll come back again. 

There is more noise about things at the minute, because Rodgers went on about a rebuild. Which IMO was more about saving his skin after getting battered in the cup, than actually us needing a rebuild. 

2 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Maupay of Brighton potentially leaving for 15M. I think I'd have him here at that price. Average goal scoring record but very good presser and worker and reliable in terms of appearances. 

Would be decent back up for Wilson at that price or even as part of a front 2. Not one for the long term perhaps but could do well for a year or 2 and then longer as a squad player.

Maupay is a wingy cunt I wouldn't take him. Comes across as a bad egg imo

Just now, HTT II said:

@Foxeduphow is our former Mexican Ayoze Perez doing out of interest at your place?

Hot and cold, he gets a rough ride off the fans but personally I put it down to how Rodgers uses him. He’s not a winger, yet we ask him to play like one. He can’t play deep and with his back to goal when he’s so weak. 

As soon as you get him up the pitch, around the box and actually offer a link up, he comes alive and can make things happen.

Guest HTT II
Just now, Foxedup said:

Hot and cold, he gets a rough ride off the fans but personally I put it down to how Rodgers uses him. He’s not a winger, yet we ask him to play like one. He can’t play deep and with his back to goal when he’s so weak. 

As soon as you get him up the pitch, around the box and actually offer a link up, he comes alive and can make things happen.

Cheers mate, sounds a bit like how he was here, hot and cold, sometimes played out of position or in the wrong role, but put a shift in, pressed and got a goal or two. He was immense for us for a spell with Rondon and Almiron under Rafa. Do you think Rodgers will see out the season?

Leicester are suffering from the typical Rodgers slump. He's only good for a couple of seasons before he runs out of steam.

Get rid of him and there's a serious squad which just needs a couple of big signings.

Guest HTT II

Looking in on the outside I feel he’s criminally under used Iheanacho for example and of course Perez who cost, what, 30m? He’s done a very good job for them to be fair mind, an FA Cup win and a great run in Europe. Can Rodgers rebuild and create a new team to go again? I’m not so sure.