More transfer rumours

midds

His recent articles:

We're going to bid £25 million for three players that are valued by their clubs at £35 million plus.

We might sell ASM, amid speculation Spurs and Chelsea are interested.

We're interested in Sesko, but used old quotes to suggest he won't move.

We enquired about Paqueta after the media reported his price had dropped.

I think we can firmly stick him in the "talks shit" category.

Just now, The Prophet said:

His recent articles:

We're going to bid £25 million for three players that are valued by their clubs at £35 million plus.

We might sell ASM, amid speculation Spurs and Chelsea are interested.

We're interested in Sesko, but used old quotes to suggest he won't move.

We enquired about Paqueta after the media reported his price had dropped.

I think we can firmly stick him in the "talks shit" category.

Don’t forget the Zapata one 

3 minutes ago, McCormick said:

:) I’d be fine with it- it’s an upgrade- but it doesn’t solve our issue of not having a proper rw. Also, there’s no chance of Leicester selling unless we make a truly ridiculous offer imo.

25 million ?

3 hours ago, gdm said:

Leicester is the club I saw people most want to be like when we were owned by Ashley tbf. 

Aye, was supremely jealous when Ashley owned us. They’re very well run and loved when they won the league. Now? Think we’ll surpass them and not look back! What a wild twist of fate last year was.

29 minutes ago, McCormick said:

25m could get you Cornet, Dennis or possibly Sarr; all proven PL performers. I will say it probably won’t get you the top performers for a current PL team but there are definitely PL players you can buy for that price that would improve the team. Obviously this is due to how poor (Maxi aside) our wide options are.

Those players are available for that sort of money but we don't seem to be interested. I can only assume we are saving our money for the really top level forwards. If we can't get them in this window, maybe we'll wait until the next one.

6 minutes ago, McCormick said:

:) I’d be fine with it- it’s an upgrade- but it doesn’t solve our issue of not having a proper rw. Also, there’s no chance of Leicester selling unless we make a truly ridiculous offer imo.

That's my thoughts too overall. I wonder if that's the kind of thing Howe was hinting at when talking about trying to find squad improvements in less obvious areas of the squad the other day.

13 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Surely we can find a decent winger abroad for 25million. 

We don't even know if that's the budget.

Just because one journo has given that figure doesn't mean it's gospel.

I personally think it's highly unlikely we would have allocated the amount we have spent on defense (60+ Million) knowing full well that would hinder us spending in another equally important part of the pitch.

Frankly i think it's all bullshit and they (journos) don't have a fucking clue what's going on. 

Edited by Comegetasample

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

See I don’t get this, I get journalists have sources, but I don’t see how anyone connected with the club rings up Scott and says yeah we only want to spend 25 million on a wide attacker 

Don't need to say anything on the journalists now, as it's pretty obvious for everyone

Edited by et tu brute

6 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

He is but he isn't a right winger

I'd rather keep Maxi where he is and buy a RW but we seem to be linked with a few LW so maybe Howe is looking to shift Maxi across 

See I prefer ASM on the right. Less traffic to run into and he can put in a decent cross. I want to see the Maxi that turned Rice inside out for Wilson's first against West Ham last season. Just feel on the left that teams know how to deal with him now.

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

See I prefer ASM on the right. Less traffic to run into and he can put in a decent cross. I want to see the Maxi that turned Rice inside out for Wilson's first against West Ham last season. Just feel on the left that teams know how to deal with him now.

And he will have Trippier behind him and overlapping!

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He's looked more of an unknown quantity there, for me. And he still has the option to cut in on his left, it's just not the default move.

Edited by 80

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

And he will have Trippier behind him and overlapping!

...And if he doesn't respect and take guidance from Trippier then he's a gonner...

I see this window happening in three phases. 

Phase 1 - June - early business, get low hanging fruit done, make Targett permanent, follow through Botman from January discussion, get Pope (from relegated club before anyone else comes in) - and complete defence. Even you can see from the Ekiteke it was just following on from the work and preparation they did in January where it was nearly a done deal then. 

Phase 2 - July - clear the decks. The current squad is majorly bloated, so there's been a lot of work in getting rid of the fringe players, with only Ritchie, Murphy Matt Longstaff and Fernandez left out of the obvious ones to get rid of. Frees up space for 2-3 new players. 

Phase 3 - August - get attacking reinforcements, as the market settles and panic sets in at selling clubs that they may not get their asking prices and also see what loan players become available in the last week of window. 

I genuinely believe they are measured in everything they do and so will have a clear plan. I wouldn't rule out anyone yet - even the likes of Diaby or Pacqueta. 

I did think we'd be in for some freebies in June - but I think their plan is to sprinkle stardust in with reliable trusty PL players with good character (what Howe loves), rather than add decent to good risks who may not settle like a Belotti. For every Botman there's a Targett/Pope. For every Pacqueta there's a Harrison. For every Diaby/Isak there's a Broja on loan, etc.