More transfer rumours

midds

If Wood has a release clause, then no haggling is required.

We’ve no idea re what their planned investment is etc.  Back in November the consortium had to plough in £38m to keep the club running.  What was notable about that is that each consortium member had to plough in a % of that based upon the size of their shareholding.  

Staveley doesn’t have the money to keep up with PIF even on a 5% basis if the intention is to chuck hundreds of millions in.

It looks to me like the club spending what it has for the time being. 

39 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The Burnley lot make us look positive. They're already discussing life in the Championship.

To be fair they have no hope of improving.  If we had no takeover and no hope of signing any significant new players this month I'd be assuming relegation as well.

40 minutes ago, duo said:

How can people possibly be defending Wood? Look at Burnley's position in the League - if he can't get them out the relegation zone what makes people think he can get us out??

YU76UVI6RZAXPP4ONECSNTII5M.jpg

The same logic would apply to a fit Callum Wilson.

3 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Manquillo on the left I would of thought.

Aarons as our 2nd option on the right.

I would be pretty happy with Aarons, Trippier, Manquillo and Lewis going in the back end of the season. Though Manq was excellent at LB against Manure. Would give us lots of options and would be more than enough with Krafth, Dummett (likely not included in the squad list), Murphy, Ritchie, as last resorts. 

Why are we even considering signing another right back to play left back or move one of the best right backs in the world to left back...

There’s a massive variety of left backs out there available, Tagliafico, Zinchenko (covers CM too), Digne thats 3 off the top of my head straight away. I’m pretty sure there’s some decent left backs kicking about in Italy, France, even Portugal that’s surely good enough to come and play. Watford just signed one from Nice. There’s got to be at least 5 targets MINIMUM in every position for me. Doesn’t mean we have to sign every position but should be targets. 

Im also pretty sure Kurzawa from PSG is available too I’m sure it won’t take anymore than 10 million to prise him away probably a lot cheaper. We have a French player and seem to be going down that route again so why not.

Edited by ToonScotman