More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

If we end the window without another recognised forward and another midfielder preferably an attacking one, it will have been a bit of a meh type window because that’s how desperate we are for more attacking threat and goals. Just pay whatever is required. We’ve chased two seemingly impossible CB targets all January and now have fallen back on Burn and  Taggart on loan and although Bruno looks a brilliant coup, we need similar up front. 

Totally agree. 

Just now, Mole said:

One of the reasons Merson is still on TV is because of reactions in this thread.

Sky likely know he's a moron, but he gets reactions and likely views because of it so they won't give a shit.

He's the live human version of click bait :lol:

2 minutes ago, Mole said:

One of the reasons Merson is still on TV is because of reactions in this thread.

Sky likely know he's a moron, but he gets reactions and likely views because of it so they won't give a shit.

Likely know he's a moron?? It's pretty fucking hard to miss ;D

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Anyone getting worried yet?

If Wood is our only attacking signing this month, I’ll be concerned. Still plenty time to rectify that though.

Edited by reefatoon

2 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Nope. Our business is already pretty stellar. Lingard would be the icing on the cake.

Don’t get this view. We’ve done good business but are still lacking. Really thought we’d go all out to retain our PL status. Signing wood was clearly a panic buy because we had no strikers and just been best my Cambridge 

Edited by gdm

It's not that at all, he's just massively under qualified to be an expert analysis on a serious football channel.

You can watch a dozen YouTube channels which are 1000 times more informed than Paul Merson.

I suspect Sky are keeping him on out of sympathy for his addiction.

I don't even think it's click bait with Merson.

When asked to assess whether Newcastle had made good signings, he basically said that would depend on whether we stayed up.

I.e. he'll wait and see how well they do before offering an opinion.

Thus defeating the whole point of a game which is him being asked to have an opinion on how good they are. [emoji38]

It still feels like our season depends on ASM staying fit. We've drawn half our games partly because of defence but partly because we can't put teams away. If he's injured I don't see what else is there. It's surely something they're looking at.