More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, Willow said:

We definitely need a striker today, 10 hours to go. If      When Wood gets injured, we're pretty screwed.

This is Newcastle. Our big money buys almost always  get fairly seriously injured within 4 games of joining if they're expected to be anything approaching good. 

Why is everyone certain it'll be Lascelles that will play? Its possible, but hasn't Schar player every game under Howe, with him says that "Schar is exactly what I look for in a defender".

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

Why is everyone certain it'll be Lascelles that will play? Its possible, but hasn't Schar player every game under Howe, with him says that "Schar is exactly what I look for in a defender".

Mainly because I can’t see him dropping his captain.

9 minutes ago, 54 said:

Lascelles has missed one league game since Howe came in and that’s because he was suspended. 

schar has been on the bench for 1 league games under howe. Pretty similar really but Lascelles only missing out thru suspension 

Edited by gdm

8 minutes ago, 54 said:

Didn't play Schar against Man city.

Dan Dan DAAAN! is the new big man at the back. We don't need two of them, not when we can have a blerk with a twinkle toes sexy dribble who lamps it into the top corner once a season.

The obvious captain and first name on the team sheet is Trippier.

Generally, club captains are safe as houses unless there's an incident that causes them to be removed i.e being sold or something unique like Roy Keane when he left Man Utd.

The problem with Lascelles is that nobody wants to buy him, he doesn't quite fit into the criteria of being available for loan as he does play.

Now Eddie Howe has never publicly stated about Lascelles, "yes he's my man, i want him to be captain". He's stated that he didn't see any reason to change things when he first took over.

But it's very tricky to take the armband off a player if he's staying in the squad.

We all know Trippier is the man.

Edited by Dr Jinx

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

As it stand we are still an ASM injury away from disaster imo.

Yup. Lot of great work been done dont get me wrong but going the rest of the season with those forward options will be a mistake and a failure. Even when Wilson comes back it’ll take him time. 

Edited by gdm

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

As it stand we are still an ASM injury away from disaster imo.

Yeah, not gonna Iie, I am concerned, but hopefully they've got something going on to bring someone in. Defence looks good enough for this season, but I don't want to be relying on ASM and Wilson being fit for half a season.

Perhaps Ekitite has been chosen with one eye on being a mercurial ASM-type outball/havoc-wrecker when ASM is not playing.

That said, I'd like Lingard too. I've given up on Almiron and haven't seen enough from Fraser. I think Murphy is talented but it sounds like he doesn't listen to instructions.

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

I was 10/10 when we signed Trippier. The intent was made clear at that point and they've delivered. 

20/10

I just cant bring me up to that level as we have so little attacking FRETT right now. We really need someone on the right to take pressure off ASM and a fucking rapid goal poacher to latch on to Bruno G's fucking amazing throughballs.