More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Not so worried about his injury record as much as his form after his return. 0 goals and 1 assist in 11 appearances. Not been in the squad and un-used sub in 7 games since he came back as well. 

Everton are a complete mess this season, to write any of their squad off after this year alone is mad. There's also something going on with DCL off the pitch as well, clearly had a falling out with someone.

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Not so worried about his injury record as much as his form after his return. 0 goals and 1 assist in 11 appearances. Not been in the squad and un-used sub in 7 games since he came back as well. 

Not too dissimilar to Shearer in the league in 97/98 after his bad injury when he came back into a poor side?

22 minutes ago, 54 said:

Would be a fantastic signing.

Although wears some clothes that people say makes him a ‘poofta’, so not sure what to think.

Calvert-Lewin, Etikeke, Wilson & Wood isn't a half bad striking line up to be fair, gives plenty of flexibility on who we're playing, and each have different strengths and weaknesses. 

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Calvert-Lewin, Etikeke, Wilson & Wood isn't a half bad striking line up to be fair, gives plenty of flexibility on who we're playing, and each have different strengths and weaknesses. 

I doubt we'd retain all 4 tbh, given that we only play with one. Unless Ekitike can play out wide as well, although I don't watch Ligue 1 so got no idea about him.

Even then I think we'd struggle to keep Wilson, Wood and DCL happy in rotation.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

He’s the exact type of signing I expected us to target under Howe, and the exact type I didn’t want us to.

Why can I ask? He's a very decent player, I know he's not been great this season, but the last two he's been great. I get the feeling you don't trust Howe's transfer record.

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

Why can I ask? He's a very decent player, I know he's not been great this season, but the last two he's been great. I get the feeling you don't trust Howe's transfer record.

I think there are question marks over it definitely. I just feel DCL is another overpriced, overrated English player, and there are far better players and with better value out there.

Its not meant as a huge criticism of Howe btw, he’s more than earned the right to build his own side here, I just have doubts over this type of transfer.

Edited by SUPERTOON

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I think there are question marks over it definitely. I just feel DCL is another overpriced, overrated English player, and there are fair better players and with better value out there.

Its not meant as a huge criticism of Howe btw, he’s more than earned the right to build his own side here, I just have doubts over this type of transfer.

A fair that makes sense, no doubt someone like Nunez or Osenheim would be more exciting, but I think there is something in getting someone in who is proven in the Premier League, while also getting someone younger from abroad who can be his understudy. Think he'd probably get us 15 goals a season. He's also about to enter his prime years. If we could get him for £30m it'd be decent business.

If you can get Etikite & Calvert-Lewin for £70m and get back £30m for Wilson & Wood we’ll have done well. Brings the age of the attack right down, £40m net to upgrade it like that makes sense in terms of FFP, and the ceiling of both players’ ability is much greater.

Would this not directly weaken Everton ? depending on how much we would pay for him.

It's obviously not the main reason you should sign someone up but shouldn't we be looking to skim off some of the cream from those below/around us as we push upwards, i'm thinking Phillips/DCL/Tarkowski/Sarr/Bissouma ect. not advocating signing all of them but there is some merit in raiding those around us. 

23 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'd also enjoy how much his fashion choices wind up the angry old men in the support.

I see a couple of Twitter accounts are already getting stuck into this. Hilariously predictable.