More transfer rumours

midds

Lodi and Raphinha would be amazing signings. 

We could easily go for short term options like Targett and Lingard who'd do a decent job for now but the fact that were at least looking at a mugh higher calibre of player from the off is exciting. 

If Leeds go down we will have a strong chance of getting Raphina due to that £30 million clause, and because of Bruno and Joelinton's influence.

We're definitely looking for a left footed winger for the right side, as Almiron was just not suited for that role. 

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

If Leeds go down we will have a strong chance of getting Raphina due to that £30 million clause, and because of Bruno and Joelinton's influence.

We're definitely looking for a left footed winger for the right side, as Almiron was just not suited for that role. 

Barca have an even stronger chance though…

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1606805/Leeds-transfer-news-Raphinha-Barcelona-force/amp

https://www.goal.com/en-in/amp/news/raphinha-barcelona-transfer-brazil-winger-ignores-leeds/blt2743d4eb6eb86af7

https://barcauniversal.com/barcelona-are-giving-their-body-and-soul-to-sign-brazilian-forward/amp/

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

My God ... giving their body and soul to sign him sounds nuts :lol:

I was hoping that they wouldn't go for him if Dembele was staying put, but seems that might not be the case. Oh well ... lets see what happens. Aside from Barca I would like our chances if Leeds go down.

Raphinha would transform our right side instantly, apparently has a relegation release clause of £30m to. Sadly there will be many takers and Barca have been interested since last season.

Edited by Nine

1 minute ago, Nine said:

Raphinha would transform our left side instantly, apparently has a relegation release clause of £30m to. Sadly there will be many takers and Barca have been interested since last season.

He plays on the right. ;) But yes, he would change our team for the better. 

4 minutes ago, Flip said:

He plays on the right. ;) But yes, he would change our team for the better. 

I meant right, im playing fm right now and signed him first season had him playing on the right for 3 seasons now - must be losing my mind [emoji38]

Edited by Nine

17 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

He also talks about Hickey as well, been big admirers of him and Raphinha for a while apparently.

Watched Hickey a couple of times since he's been linked with us and was a bit meh to be honest.

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

I think it’s generally accepted that Raphinha is going to Barca 

Not sure if there were any news after this but it defo looks that way 

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

How about this, to the tune of Robin Hood

Raphina, Raphina

Running down the wing

Raphina, Raphina

Running down the wing

Running down the wing

Running down the wing

Raphina

Raphina

Raphina

Reboot the Mirandinha classic? Would have to stick something like ‘Wor Raphinha’ to make it fit.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

19 minutes ago, Nine said:

Raphinha would transform our right side instantly, apparently has a relegation release clause of £30m to. Sadly there will be many takers and Barca have been interested since last season.

Yeah I heard it was something around £25m. Might need agent Bruno to do his magic if he is as good as people say. Not seen much of him. Not a fan of DCL. Think he’s lost a bit of his football focus and increasing regularity of injuries not a good sign either. Never looked good 1v1.

4 hours ago, JonBez comesock said:

From October 2020

He does have the physical side of his game that comes with his height, but there is so much more to his game than that. He is a very athletic player, reaching a top speed of 35.1 km/h in the Premier League this season, the sixth highest of any player. 

His ability to run into the channels not only gives Everton another option going forward, but it can act as vital relief when they are under pressure at the back. There is no subtly to this aspect of his game, but given the standard of defending we have seen in the Premier League so far this season, subtlety hardly seems necessary. 

Fair enough, can't argue with the stats.

I was wrong.

Could this be a realistic front 6 then?

Calvert-Lewin

Saint-Maximin                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Raphinha

Paqueta

Bruno                                                       Phillips

Just now, STM said:

Thought it was interesting that Eddie said he was aware of Brunos relationship with Paqueta. He's normally quite conservative in his comments.

He said other team mates as well! Could be in for numerous Brazilians/Lyon players.