More transfer rumours

midds

4 minutes ago, Nine said:

Coutinho is on 400k+ pw at Barca iirc, Villa are probably paying around half of that right now. 

That's the sort of business which has led to the decline of Barca tbh. I mean he's a cracking player, but 400k/week? I don't think Villa will want to keep him at even half of that.

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Villa are paying 125k at the moment towards his wages.

Thats a big come down from what hes on at Barca, would be a difficult one imo 

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

That's the sort of business which has led to the decline of Barca tbh. I mean he's a cracking player, but 400k/week? I don't think Villa will want to keep him at even half of that.

Thats steep even taking into account how high his stock was after leaving Liverpool, insane money to have sat on your bench for 2+ seasons.

Roma looking for £67.5 million for Tammy Abraham.

So many clubs flopped when it came to Tammy man, Chelsea included by the way. Clubs missing out on him for £36 million last year was tragic. He wanted to go to Arsenal last summer apparently and they bottled it. They are apparently considering him for this summer now.

In hindsight Chelsea letting both Tammy and Tomori leave last summer was so poor.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

So many clubs flopped when it came to Tammy man, Chelsea included by the way. Clubs missing out on him for £36 million last year was tragic. He wanted to go to Arsenal last summer apparently and they bottled it. They are apparently considering him for this summer now.

In hindsight Chelsea letting both Tammy and Tomori leave last summer was so poor.

Did you see that header he scored at the weekend? My god it was a thing of beauty.

Tammy is my dream signing this summer, £67m for him seems doable as well. Other clubs will be ahead of us in that race though and he seems to love playing for Jose so maybe he wont even leave this year.

Edited by Nine

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Did you see that header he scored at the weekend? My god it was a thing of beauty.

The man is such a talented striker man. Monster header that was.

It's so ironic because he fits Tuchel's approach so much more than Lukaku does when you think about it, as he has the work rate and endless energy required.

4 minutes ago, Nine said:

Tammy is my dream signing this summer, £67m for him seems doable as well. Other clubs will be ahead of us in that race though, he seems to love playing for Jose so maybe he wont even leave this year.

Roma are paying him £115k pw, so I’d expect him to want a rise to move. Would he be worth upsetting the dressing room, like you suggest it might? 

Just now, Manxst said:

Roma are paying him £115k pw, so I’d expect him to want a rise to move. Would he be worth upsetting the dressing room, like you suggest it might? 

I think hes one of the few players within our reach this summer that would be worth it, Howe would also be judging each case on individual character as much as ability.. never heard anything bad about Tammy so im sure he'd fit in well. 

6 minutes ago, Nine said:

Tammy is my dream signing this summer, £67m for him seems doable as well. Other clubs will be ahead of us in that race though, he seems to love playing for Jose so maybe he wont even leave this year.

Jose Mourinho has actually come out and said that all Tammy has to do is say that he wants to return to England and he will let him leave, because Tammy placed so much faith in him by leaving home, and his country of birth and trusted him when joining Roma. And so it won't be that difficult a move if the price for him is met.

I think the problem is going to be the calibre of clubs that will be looking at him now as he has been incredible at Roma, and is still only 24 years old.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Jose Mourinho has actually come out and said that all Tammy has to do is say that he wants to return to England and he will let him leave, because Tammy placed so much faith in him by leaving home, and his country of birth and trusted him when joining Roma. And so it won't be that difficult a move if the price for him is met.

I think the problem is going to be the calibre of clubs that will be looking at him now as he has been incredible at Roma, and is still only 24 years old.

I'm not sure he'll have the very best clubs in the world chasing his signature though, and to leave Roma you'd think it would take the very best. The one thing in our favour is we are a PL club and he really might fancy coming back here to prove a point. I think if we wanted him he might be tempted. I also think he'd be perfect for us to take us to the next level, he's got pace, good in the air, and can finish.

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

I'm not sure he'll have the very best clubs in the world chasing his signature though, and to leave Roma you'd think it would take the very best. The one thing in our favour is we are a PL club and he really might fancy coming back here to prove a point. I think if we wanted him he might be tempted. I also think he'd be perfect for us to take us to the next level, he's got pace, good in the air, and can finish.

Can actually see him going back to Chelsea.

edit.- more likely Arsenal though.

Edited by Manxst

23 minutes ago, KaKa said:

England are also fortunate he didn't make the Nigeria move.

Tuchel didn't rate him at all which I think put a few clubs off.

They should have secured Christensen & Rudiger contracts before letting Zouma and Tomori go. Shocking moves.

I think he'll leave Roma this year. Clubs know Chelsea can activate a buy-back clause in 2023 so will need to act fast.

Edited by The College Dropout

He'd be better off staying in Italy and trying to get a move to Juve or somewhere.

Or maybe Bayern as a replacement for RL, reckon he'd tear up the Bundesliga.

18 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

What else are they meant to say?

IMO if we sign a 40-60m attacker they will be our highest earner around the 120-175k mark. 

I definitely believe we’ve enquired for Coutinho and Nunez and that’s what they would expect. 

I didn’t say anything about wages?

Apologies but what do you mean by “what else are they meant to say?”? 

I agree in that I believe we’ll spend big on a striker this summer (30-40m). However, I think we saw in January that we tend to baulk at the higher prices and, with the exception of Bruno, we proceeded to buy players in the 10-25m range.

Again, I have no idea but I think it’s slightly optimistic to believe we’ll have this massive 150-200m warchest.

23 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Can actually see him going back to Chelsea.

edit.- more likely Arsenal though.

I think given Jonathan David's barren spell in front of goal Arsenal might opt elsewhere. So Tammy would be a great alternative for them. I'd definitely take him here. Would also take David if we can force down the asking price given his form.

Edited by toontownman

3 minutes ago, McCormick said:

I didn’t say anything about wages?

Apologies but what do you mean by “what else are they meant to say?”? 

I agree in that I believe we’ll spend big on a striker this summer (30-40m). However, I think we saw in January that we tend to baulk at the higher prices and, with the exception of Bruno, we proceeded to buy players in the 10-25m range.

Again, I have no idea but I think it’s slightly optimistic to believe we’ll have this massive 150-200m warchest.

I don’t think we baulked at higher prices. We made high bids for various players (Nunez and Carlos being two) and the transfers didn’t occur for various reasons. £30-40m for a (first choice) striker is NOT a big amount. Bruno was £35m and a striker would cost a lot more if your looking for equal quality. It appears that we are in the running still for Ekitike for £25-30m- he would be seen as ‘one for the future’ for instance. I believe that we paid the prices we did in January because we simply needed those players as upgrades to the ones we had, and needed a fresh influx of blood to get people and hope moving again. It has been quite well publicised we want to lower the age of the squad as well as add quality. This will not occur with £10-25m signings being the standard. 

55 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

Made a couple of big mistakes have Chelsea.

Not having salah and de bruyne never showed any glimpses of what they are capable of.

Same with Abraham 

Criminal that they’ve made awful transfer errors and not had to deal with dropping away at all, hopefully their time’s coming 

Edited by gbandit