More transfer rumours

midds

Not entirely convinced on Nunez but i sure wouldn’t complain and it would be exciting IF it happened. The biggest thing about him that attracts me is that he has pace and good movement which makes me think about Bruno’s passing range. 

11 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Not entirely convinced on Nunez but i sure wouldn’t complain and it would be exciting IF it happened. The biggest thing about him that attracts me is that he has pace and good movement which makes me think about Bruno’s passing range. 

:giggs:

13 hours ago, maze said:

I think we should look elsewhere tbh. Picking up scrap from the top 6 rarely pays off, and if we want to be amongst the top 6, then surely buying their fringe players ain’t gonna help competing with them or overtaking them?

That's not necessarily true. It all depends upon the situation. If, say Norwich, had come in at the beginning of this season and rescued Schar, they would have performed much better. 

12 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Very wise move not paying Lingard daft money in my opinion. On the basis of half a decent season at West Ham it would be crazy. Yes there’s no fee involved, but in terms of the wage structure it would cause huge problems at an early stage going forward making him the benchmark.

Who in our current squad could complain about earning less than him, with 32 England caps? He's entitled to ask for similar to Trippier with 35 caps.

14 minutes ago, Ben said:

I thought Trippier was on £100k 

When we're talking these numbers, 150k for an attacking player, isn't too different to 100k for a defender. Dunno what Lingard is on at MU but he isn't sacrificing anything to leave so he's really got no right to ask for an increase in wages. Other than the fact he's available without a transfer fee. He's been overvalued by MU for too long, because MU can afford to overpay. I like the kid and [taking the tweet with a pinch of salt] he'll go into every negotiation with the same attitude as every other pro, available for free.

32 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Who in our current squad could complain about earning less than him, with 32 England caps? He's entitled to ask for similar to Trippier with 35 caps.

It’s not particularly the current squad, though I’d argue Bruno and Trippier should have parity with whatever Lingard is on, it’s the fact that it would  be the benchmark for any new signings going forward. At this stage it’s not sustainable for us under FFP to carry that many high earners until our income increases.

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

It’s not particularly the current squad, though I’d argue Bruno and Trippier should have parity with whatever Lingard is on, it’s the fact that it would  be the benchmark for any new signings going forward. At this stage it’s not sustainable for us under FFP to carry that many high earners until our income increases.

You think a fb should have parity with an attacker? I'm not about to disagree with the principle but it just doesn't happen. Bruno has ten years ahead of him to increase his wages, and he will. I'd actually already be considering an improved contract for him.

9 hours ago, Nine said:

Anyone seen much of Nunez then? Always seem to get mixed opinions on him

When he was linked with us in January, everyone thought he was hot shit - except for the actual Portuguese Benfica supporter on here, who just thought he was shit. [emoji38] Controversial.

Not so worried about his injury record as much as his form after his return. 0 goals and 1 assist in 11 appearances. Not been in the squad and un-used sub in 7 games since he came back as well. 

I'm not going to complain if the club make a move for DCL, I will assume that they have already thought about potential fitness issues.

Everton are in a financial mess, so I don't think they can afford to say no to a decent offer. What would be a fair price for DCL, 35/40 million?