More transfer rumours

midds

1 hour ago, SteV said:

Would be a fantastic signing.

Although wears some clothes that people say makes him a ‘poofta’, so not sure what to think.

I honestly don't know why folk get so riled up about the clothes that someone else is wearing. It says far more about them than it does the wearer of the clothes.

Guest HTT II
Just now, SUPERTOON said:

What do you mean by a variety of roles ? He’s and out and out striker from what I have seen.

He has played wide right and left for Everton I’m sure, although I don’t know to what effect. I’d go all out for Abraham personally!

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I honestly don't know why folk get so riled up about the clothes that someone else is wearing. It says far more about them than it does the wearer of the clothes.

You don't see heels like those much these days.

image.png.30ae6e053800d3bd2431a8fb5315cba8.png

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Of course, and that was the point I was trying to make. 

ASM plays well, ‘wear what you like son’

ASM plays poorly, ‘looking at him poncing about in his jewellery and Gucci’

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I remember when I got roundly slagged off all my mate’s for wearing transparent underwear in Benidorm a few years back. Hate clothes nonces!

1 hour ago, Tiresias said:

Not sure we can be sniffy over someone who has reliably banged in goals in the league before, but am concerned over injury record

I do get that, FWIW I still consider him a reliable goalscorer, just I would much rather have gone for the pacy type like Abraham or Nunez. That said, if we brought in Ekiteke as well, that would address the pace problem.

Given that FFP is mentioned a lot and we won’t be spending fortunes like some outlets predicted we might (I prefer it this way tbh) I don’t really want DCL despite quite liking him as a striker. The money it would cost to get him could surely be invested better? 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Not too dissimilar to Shearer in the league in 97/98 after his bad injury when he came back into a poor side?

Hopefully. It's still a concern though.

Just now, St1pe said:

Given that FFP is mentioned a lot and we won’t be spending fortunes like some outlets predicted we might (I prefer it this way tbh) I don’t really want DCL despite quite liking him as a striker. The money it would cost to get him could surely be invested better? 

You'd think we're looking at an outlay of £30 million+ for the type of striker that we're after, whichever option we pursue.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

You'd think we're looking at an outlay of £30 million+ for the type of striker that we're after, whichever option we pursue.

I guess I meant in terms of value we could buy better outside of England for the same price we’d pay for DCL

I'd avoid anyone from that Everton squad like the absolute plague. Don't overly rate him either, was good under Ancelotti but has been largely poor seemingly. Everyone saying he's good in the air but naff 1v1. 

Arsenal fans celebrating the fact we're in for him and not them. Everton fans happy to let him go. It's a no from me.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah but imagine him pulling up to SJP in a skirt and a million blood pressures being raised immediately. Worth it. I’d prob take Gray off them as well.

While the amount of yer da piss he boils is funny I do think we can find better value or tbh just a better striker elsewhere. Agree with you on Gray tbf, but he's the only player at Everton I'd take.

23 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

DCL looked like one of the best strikers in the league for a while, just bad team/weird season, I’d take him for sure. 

Yeah me too 

also - if he was 30 million but we play over 3 years , is that only 10 million of our budget spent in terms of FFP ? 

I am sure I read that’s how it works , so in Theory an 80 million budget this summer could get quite a bit ?

2 minutes ago, Mountain said:

He's not fast enough.

From October 2020

He does have the physical side of his game that comes with his height, but there is so much more to his game than that. He is a very athletic player, reaching a top speed of 35.1 km/h in the Premier League this season, the sixth highest of any player. 

His ability to run into the channels not only gives Everton another option going forward, but it can act as vital relief when they are under pressure at the back. There is no subtly to this aspect of his game, but given the standard of defending we have seen in the Premier League so far this season, subtlety hardly seems necessary. 

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Thought he looked class the two seasons before. Thought he turned the tide when he came on against us down in the 0-1 as well. Think he’d be a safe signing to get 15 a season in the league.

I'm not such a fan of DCL but there are probably 10 in there and yes, maybe 15. 

It's tempting to think he has flopped this year, but his xG per 90 minutes has been 0.45, which is higher than Ivan Toney and just below Gabriel Jesus, both of whom play in better sides. Ivan Toney has only scored seven non-penalties. DCL's big injury this year was a broken toe, not a soft tissue or ligament problem likely to reoccur.

If Edwards is right and the plan is DCL as potential competition for Wilson and Ekitike as a fast fecker to play wide/gamble on him being a new Thierry Henry, that sounds pretty good to me. 

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

Put Almiron in there also.  All have over 25 games this season

Not sure if you've worded it correctly or not or if I'm reading it wrong.

"If its Fraser and Murphy he wont get more than five goals."

The way I read it is that you're referring to both Fraser AND Murphy starting on the wings either side of DCL. Fraser AND Murphy starting together in the same XI rarely happens, no?

Not arsed like cos we probably won't get DCL.