More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

We where linked with that Grimaldo in January, wonder if it’s us in for him now.

He’s really good on set pieces too and very attacking fullback (class in FIFA too) 

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I do get the feeling that is what Howe really wants in his fullbacks. 

I agree, but the fact he seems to really admire and love Targett also makes me wonder what the plan is for left full back!

Just now, Kanji said:

I agree, but the fact he seems to really admire and love Targett also makes me wonder what the plan is for left full back!

Just guessing and no disrespect to Targett who has been brilliant, but if we sign him this summer it will be to save money for more pressing positions imo. We will then look to upgrade over the next 1/2 seasons.

40 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Paul Pogba, Kylian Mbappe, Jesse Lingard, Paulo Dybala, Ousmane Dembele and Gareth Bale represent a galaxy of stars who are available as free agents.

One of these things is not like the others.

3 hours ago, Abacus said:

Always seemed odd that £25m was being quoted, and then suddenly he was announced and it was half that.

Not sure what was in it for Atletico, mind, since at that point we looked dead certs to be relegated, so they couldn't count on that extra £12-13m.

Makes me wonder if there was something in the deal meaning they got their player back if we did go down, so they wouldn't lose out.

I've just made that last bit up, of course, but if there was anything along those lines agreed, then it wouldn't be that different from a loan to buy type arrangement.

It was always reported when the transfer was confirmed that the lower fee also included add-ons. 

16 minutes ago, Conjo said:

It was always reported when the transfer was confirmed that the lower fee also included add-ons. 

Yeah, I'm not saying there was anything dodgy about it. 

Just wondering what was in it for Atletico to agree to that.

From their point of view, Trippier was worth X. It wouldn't make any difference to them if we were relegated or not - in fact, it looked like we would be. They'd want what he's worth.

You tend to put in performance bonuses for untested younger players.

Edited by Abacus

4 hours ago, Kanji said:

I'd start the season with Targett, allowing the new signing time to settle in, ala bruno. Targett is unlikely to let us down so the competition will be brilliant.

36 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Can watch two of our Striker transfer targets in the same game in 30 mins.

Reims vs Nice - Ekitikie vs Gouiri 

Ekitike missed a sitter of a header earlier but just scored from outside the box

26 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Henderson

Trippier

Schar

Botman

Lodi

Bruno

Pacqueta

Some £40m winger

Elliot bastard Anderson

ASM 

Wilson

Unlucky to Joelinton who misses out purely because he's not Elliot Anderson

Is this a wind up?

44 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Can watch two of our Striker transfer targets in the same game in 30 mins.

Reims vs Nice - Ekitikie vs Gouiri 

What station is this on?