More transfer rumours

midds

31 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

Does it count as a transfer rumour if the forum has just made it up ourselves? [emoji38]

It’s good as anything else pretty much 

I can see the source is two week’s old, but the fact this is still on Sky Transfer Centre sets my pulse racing. :evil5: (please sign him!) 

“Victor Osimhen - Newcastle are ready to make a "monster offer" to Napoli striker Victor Osimhen this summer with Arsenal conceding his £85m asking price is too much for them to consider (Sunday Express, June 5).”

40 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I can see the source is two week’s old, but the fact this is still on Sky Transfer Centre sets my pulse racing. :evil5: (please sign him!) 

“Victor Osimhen - Newcastle are ready to make a "monster offer" to Napoli striker Victor Osimhen this summer with Arsenal conceding his £85m asking price is too much for them to consider (Sunday Express, June 5).”

Isn't he more injury prone than Dean Ashton?

7 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Is he actually a centre mid who plays left back for City, or is he a left back that plays in midfield for Ukraine? 

If its that latter then I'd rather we went for a proper centre midfielder. 

Not sure about his preferred position but you would imagine if he's a Guardiola player then he's going to be pretty great in possession. That would make him an upgrade on most of our players straight off the bat. Although there's no actual indication we are even looking at him.

11 minutes ago, TRon said:

Not sure about his preferred position but you would imagine if he's a Guardiola player then he's going to be pretty great in possession. That would make him an upgrade on most of our players straight off the bat. Although there's no actual indication we are even looking at him.

The Athletic have said we are:

“The other uncertainty is Oleksandr Zinchenko, who has attracted interest from Everton, Newcastle and, reportedly, Arsenal, with those clubs seeing him as an option in midfield, which is where he plays for Ukraine.”

https://theathletic.com/3341738/2022/06/02/manchester-city-transfer-news-sterling/

edit- plus it was reported a few times that we were after him in January too.

https://www.mailplus.co.uk/edition/sport/football/premier-league/129057/oleksandr-zinchenko-a-transfer-target-for-newcastle-united-as-man-city

Edited by Manxst

22 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

He would slot in nicely on the left of a midfield three. Works hard, can play multiple positions, very good in possession. 

Zinchenko, Bruno and Joelinton would be an incredible midfield three.

Am I the only one who thinks Jesus would be brought in as RW (and Wilson backup) as opposed to an out and out striker…?

I think I might be in the minority but I like Calvert-Lewin.

He's one of the few saleable assets Everton have and (unlike Richarlson) they have the potential to make a decent profit on him FFP-wise. 

Obviously I wouldn't spend ridiculous money but I think he could be good value at £30-40m.

Not a huge fan of Zinchenko. Don't like the way he always progresses down the left flank and then shields the ball on his left foot with his back to the goal. But he's supposedly very good with Ukraine as a centre mid (?).

Would like to get DCL. Not sure where this injury prone status has come from. Had a longer injury last season yes, but played 30+ league games in all 4 seasons before that.

I’ll repeat what I’ve said before - a vast majority of the negative perception of DCL relates to the stuff people have seen him wearing on the front of GQ or wherever.

Before his injury issues this season he was clear as understudy to Kane in the England team, to the point where when Kane was on a bad (for him) run of form, there were (probably incorrect) calls for him to replace him.

He’s quality.

Don't think DCL's mentality is right. He came back from injury in the winter and couldn't get fit till May, despite Everton's desperation.  And even in top form, he's quite limited with the ball at his feet.  Despite his leap, the guy is best employed as a goal poacher, not a target man that brings others into play. He seems quite a lazy presser too. Not sure we need a striker like this. 

If we're so desperate for him, it makes sense to wait towards the end of the window, to see where the guy is physically and mentally, because imo he'll never live up to his form from a couple of seasons ago.