More transfer rumours

midds

Not sure if these are just reports of an old bid but a few people have started tweeting it. I would be surprised if it was true, except to say..If Arsenal are trying to jump ahead of us it might have forced our hand. Thought this would be a last minute one if at all.

23 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Wilson

St Maxi            Diaby

Paqueta

Joe      Bruno

Top four here we come.

Whoa, there. Slow down.

Let’s sign Lewandowski while we’re at it.

7 minutes ago, Magpie said:

This Asensio stuff is bollocks....isn't it?

Maybe, maybe not. Definitely the right quality/level of player that we need to be linked with. Perhaps he is 2nd choice after Diaby and Harrison 3rd choice. Would make sense, we can't get our 1st choice every time, just isn't possible right now.

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Wonder if Paqueta might be our Rooney. We want him but not yet, but if it looks like he might go somewhere else this summer then we'll bring it forward a year to secure it?

I'm not sure that makes that much sense. He will cost more next summer. 

Some of the forwards we’ve been linked with, in one place (updated):

Strikers 

Barbosa, 25yrs. 88 in 137 for Flamengo. 5 in 18 caps for Brazil. Market value £23.4m (probs add 10-15% to all estimates).

Calvert-Lewin, 25yrs.  45 in 164 for Everton. 4 in 11 for England. Market value £36m.

Broja, 20yrs. 6 in 32 for Southampton, previous 10 in 30 for Vitesse. 4 in 14 for Albania. Market value £19.8m. 

Osimhen, 22yrs. 24 in 51 for Napoli, previous 13 in 27 for Lille. 15 in 22 for Nigeria. Market value £55.8m. 
Ekitike, 20yrs. 10 in 26 for Reims, also 3 in 11 Vejle BK (loan). 0 in 6 France U20. 
Isak, 22yrs. 32 in 103 for Real Sociedad, previous 18 in 33 (in Germany mainly 2nd tier). 9 in 37 for Sweden. Market value £27m.

Wingers 

Gordon, 21yrs. 4 in 49 for Everton. 4 in 7 caps for England U21. Market value £18m. 

Diaby,  22yrs. 22 in 92 for Leverkusen, previous 2 in 25 for PSG. 0 in 8 caps for France. Market value £54m. 

Paquetá, 25yrs. 18 in 65 for Lyon, previous 1 in 37 for Milan. 7 in 33 caps for Brazil. Market value £31.5m. 

Danjuma, 25 yrs. 10 in 23 for Villarreal, previous 15 in 47 for Bournemouth. 2 in 6 caps for Netherlands. Market value £45m. 

Hudson-Odoi, 21yrs. 4 in 72 for Chelsea. 0 in 3 full caps for England; 4 in 9 U21. Market value £22.8m.

Harrison, 25yrs. 26 in 154 for Leeds. 0 in 2 for England U21. Market value £16.2m.

Sarr, 24yrs. 23 in 89 for Watford, previous 13 in 59 for Rennes. 10 in 47 for Senegal. Market value £24.3m.

Asensio, 26 yrs. 28 in 160 for Real Madrid, previous 11 in 90 (Mallorca & Espanyol). 1 in 28 for Spain. Market value £36m

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

If we do somehow end up signing Paqueta we should most definitely looking up and thinking about top 4-6, he'll improve us as much as if not even more than Bruno did in Jan. He's an excellent player and as much as we've talked about it, I always just thought he was out of reach in this window. 

37 minutes ago, RS said:

Every chance we’ll get someone completely off the radar as well with our new set up. 

Just like what happened with Bruno. He literally came out of nowhere in the last couple of days in January. 

Paqueta and a winger who can cover ST would be some end to the window, like.

We’d be looking at Bellamy/Robert levels of attacking transformation.

4 minutes ago, christ said:

I don’t think we’ve much if any interest in him at all. He can’t play in any of the roles we’re actively looking to fill.

It’s all wishful thinking.

If we were thinking a central midfielder this summer though, then next summer sign Paqueta to play in front of Bruno and the new CM next season, it's not impossible to think we might push that one forward by 12 months if we thought there was a risk he'd leave for someone like Arsenal this year.

It's exactly what Man U did with Rooney for example. Sir Alex said himself he was happy with the strikers he had and wanted to add Rooney to it the following year but once we bid, they had to push it forward.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

Paqueta and a winger who can cover ST would be some end to the window, like.

We’d be looking at Bellamy/Robert levels of attacking transformation.

Yes totally

Diaby and Pacqueta or even Sarr/Danjuma a instead of Diaby would allow you to even get away with only Wilson and Wood up front. If you needed cover up front, ASM or Pacqueta or even Joelinton could play false 9

if we only had money to buy one 40m plus target I’d go Pacqueta as I believe you could get a lesser Diaby such as Sarr for 25m or so. But to get a Pacqueta lite is pointless and can’t even think who would fit the bill in the same way. 

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we were thinking a central midfielder this summer though, then next summer sign Paqueta to play in front of Bruno and the new CM next season, it's not impossible to think we might push that one forward by 12 months if we thought there was a risk he'd leave for someone like Arsenal this year.

It's exactly what Man U did with Rooney for example. Sir Alex said himself he was happy with the strikers he had and wanted to add Rooney to it the following year but once we bid, they had to push it forward.

We might but ultimately that’s all hypothetical. People on here appear to be convinced we’re actively pursuing him. 

Personally I think we’ve decided Diaby is the marquee signing we want.

Edited by christ

I still don't for a second think we will sign Paqueta this summer, but...

If we are to sign him, it might be because we don't want to let a long term target go to another club.

I know we jokingly talk about beating Arsenal to Bruno but we are in a much better position with Paqueta because of Bruno.

I can't for a second see Paqueta not choosing to play with his best mate.

Just now, christ said:

We might but ultimately that’s all hypothetical. People on here appear to be convinced we’re actively pursuing him. 

It does seem to come purely from the fact he’s Bruno’s mate. I’d be delighted to sign him but just can’t see it