More transfer rumours

midds

I've decided now - the three signings I want to round the team out before end of transfer window most now. 

Sesko, Kamaldeen and Pacqueta 

I would also keep Anderson

Gives us serious strength in depth up top, and would future proof the team as Anderson, Sesko and Kamaldeen wouldn't need to be registered. 

Would bring the total age way down of the squad. 

I know that's like £100m of transfers but you could add in sell on and other clauses for first two, loan with obligation to buy for Pacqueta. 

Let Murphy, Manquillo, Fernandez, Ritchie go out on loan / perm. I'd even let Wood go if need be, as Sesko is a bigger better younger version

Then you would have a 25 man squad of (bold no need to register):

Pope (Dubravka, Gillespie/Darlow)

Trippier (Krafth, Manquillo) Schar (Lascelles) Botman (Burn) Targett (Lewis, Dummett)

Bruno (Shelvey) Joelinton (Longstaff)

ASM (Fraser) Pacqueta (Willock, Anderson) Kamaldeen (Almiron)

Wilson (Sesko, Wood) 

Paqueta is just a pipe dream for this window, there hasn’t been any concrete links on him or any noise that we really want to sign him. Bruno and his insta posts really set this off :lol:

During an interview on Sky this morning, Edu said that Arsenal have been lining up Zinchenko for around six months. 

The idea Edwards, Wilson and others are trying to peddle that we're frantically scrambling around for players that fit the profile we're looking for is total nonsense.

Targets will have been identified, enquiries made and contract situations assessed weeks, if not months in advance of the window opening. 

8 minutes ago, Nine said:

Paqueta is just a pipe dream for this window, there hasn’t been any concrete links on him or any noise that we really want to sign him. Bruno and his insta posts really set this off :lol:

I'd say what set it off were the stories that we actually went for him before Bruno in January and a deal was set but he didn't want to come because of our position at that time. Now, I don't know how true that is but it's what set stuff off, the Brunos best mate stuff just built on it.

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

@The ProphetSee your point, but 6 months ago we didn’t know if we would still be in the Premier League this season.

The club were talking to Botman and Ekitike's encourages in that time. It wouldn't suprise me if they had prepped for both eventualities.

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

During an interview on Sky this morning, Edu said that Arsenal have been lining up Zinchenko for around six months. 

The idea Edwards, Wilson and others are trying to peddle that we're frantically scrambling around for players that fit the profile we're looking for is total nonsense.

Targets will have been identified, enquiries made and contract situations assessed weeks, if not months in advance of the window opening. 

and Jesus taking seven months, plus Raphinha talking to Barca for ages beforehand. Transfers occurring within a day or two or even a week is just nonsense. 

Asked whether they had tracked Jesus for a long time: "For sure. This process really, I think, takes like seven months in terms of understanding each other and talking to each other, because also he has a lot of other opportunities and then he chooses because he understands who we are."

"People think we went in too deep about Raphinha, because Raphinha was everywhere.

It's fair we did have some conversations with Deco because Deco is his agent and I have a good relationship [with him] - we are friends.

"I just said to Deco, 'Can you explain to me the situation with Raphinha?' and he was clear, 'Edu, we have a good relationship but I'm not going to lie to you, his idea is to go to Barcelona because he's dreaming to go to Barcelona, and we've been talking to Barcelona since a long time ago'.

32 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

Kamaldeen looks like an exciting signing but he's a right footed left winger which doesn't appear to fit with what we're after unfortunately. 

Isn’t this exactly what Harrison is? 

4 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

For 13 million he is worth the gamble imo, especially if it's him or nobody.

Aye, would definitely go for Draxler then. Even when I played, I was quite rubbish and was certainly not a winger. 

12 minutes ago, McCormick said:

The lad threw his career away just to live in Paris. Slow for a wing- option- so I’m not sure where he’d fit -but there’s still quality there. Great price as well.

he’s been playing more as a wide playmaker than a conventional winger. He does not have the pace or dribbling you would expect from a winger, but he he does well with his vision, passing and playmaking. He requires a different system in order for him to play well. 

To be honest, I think his personal life may be a signficant factor here. 'Tis said that in 2019, he split up from his childhood sweetheart / long-time girlfriend, and not long afterwards, he began a relationship with a professional dancer / choreographer. I wonder whether she would want to move from Paris to the North East - no comment on the advantages of living there, but professionally and personally it could be an issue.

Draxler is an Everton/Hamez type signing - big name, been shite for ages, big European club looking to get rid with very few takers

Not that it’s going to happen, but I’d be very confident he’d be crap for us if it did.

His stats are pretty poor. He's played 52 games in the last 3yrs at PSG, which in itself isn't very good but then add to the fact in that time he's only scored 6 goals and made 8 assists.

Even for 13M I'm looking at that and thinking why would we want him other than because he's been at PSG and is a reasonably well known player.

I do think we do need a "name" player, but perhaps not this summer and certainly not Draxler.

2 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Lyon have said they need to trim their squad and they’ll consider offers for all of their players 

Get it done