More transfer rumours

midds

Nat Phillips :lol: at those fees quoted :lol: :lol:

I wonder if it's Mandy, Eddie or a.n.other who's obsessed with carthorses?

This feels like an utter shitshow, they've got a week to get some signings in and it feels at this rate like we'll be offering Emmerson Boyce and Chris Iwelumo £5m each to come out of retirement.

All the Liverpool supporters I know absolutely love Nat Philips for what that is worth. Agree it would be hugely underwhelming, if not a poor move. Feel like their love is born out of the same kind of love we would have for a youth player coming through and holding his own in our time of need, despite clearly being a bit shit. Think they basically love him because even though he wasn't ready to be thrown in after signing him, he held his own in their injury crisis. Not convinced Phillips would improve us more than playing a fit again Fernandez. I would prefer the latter tbh. 

I’d take Joe Rodon over Nat Phillips, 15M should get him or a loan. In my opinion we shouldn’t have have haggled so much with Botman and Carlos, simply ask how much do u want? Pay it or close to it. Rejected move on. If we can all identify players in an online fans forum then surely the club can. If even the club seen the players we are linked to why not think yeah we’ll enquire about him, the likes of Tolisso, Grimaldo, Kurzawa to name a few. I don’t mind British based players but we need fresh faces and winners mentality. Being stuck to 1 or 2 targets is no use, to then scramble for a back up. We’ve got 6 days left no game, don’t scramble yet just put out as many feelers and fees as possible to CLUBS rather than players. If we sign Lingard - Massive upgrade, we sign Zapata - Massive upgrade. For me though right now it’s a bit of quality and quantity we need and hoping it works.

Nat Phillips and James Tarkovski would be extremely disappointing. If anyone listens to 606 phone in on Saturday and Sunday with Sutton and Savage there's a Burnley fan who always rings up and he constantly moans how bad Tarkovski is. Used the old 'Id drive him there myself' when they mentioned him coming to us. Based on him alone I think he'd be a very poor signing :lol:

27 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

It goes to show how shite our scouting is if we identify key targets but then our back up options are the likes of Ross Barkley, Chris Wood, Nat Philips and James Tarkowski. 

There are so many quality players in Europe and beyond on relatively modest salaries with acceptable release clauses.

You have a list?

12 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Nat Phillips :lol: at those fees quoted :lol: :lol:

I wonder if it's Mandy, Eddie or a.n.other who's obsessed with carthorses?

This feels like an utter shitshow, they've got a week to get some signings in and it feels at this rate like we'll be offering Emmerson Boyce and Chris Iwelumo £5m each to come out of retirement.

Howe, imo.

Might be wrong - how many foreign players did he buy at Bournemouth? Seem to remember quite a few were domestic.

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Howe, imo.

Might be wrong - how many foreign players did he buy at Bournemouth? Seem to remember quite a few were domestic.

In the PL, Jefferson Lerma, Diego Rico, Max Gradel, Lys Mousset, Arnaut Danjuma. 

Feb 1st, if we don't get quality players signed, owners deserve the flak that'll be coming their from some of our fans. I'd be embarrassed and dissapointed too if I were them with everything they said they had plan early for this particular window yet, if it turns bad, then there is no one else to blame really. 

Don't really know much about Nat Phillips as a player, but the only transfer link I can even see regarding him is the opinion of Mark Douglas on the previous page? Not sure it's worth getting wound up over. 

IMO it's not surprising at all that they're struggling to reposition once their initial targets slipped away, given that we don't even have a permanent director of football in place and are probably relying entirely on scouting data from the old regime.

Just now, Andy said:

Don't really know much about Nat Phillips as a player, but the only transfer link I can even see regarding him is the opinion of Mark Douglas on the previous page? Not sure it's worth getting wound up over. 

Put his name in to Twitter. It’s not just Mark Douglas