More transfer rumours

midds

5 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I would but if Villa are asking 30M now as is reported we can look elsewhere. 15M it's a no brainer and he would be good enough for a few years and we can spend more on other areas, any more and we can get better.

I thought there was a pre agreed price, £15 mil, no?

18 minutes ago, ToonScotman said:

Can we stop wanting to sign Kalvin Phillips. He’s going to cost probably 50+ million could sign 2/3 much better and cheaper options.

Oh yeah? Pray tell who these 3 ‘much better players’ are for 50m (16m a player) :) .

15 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Oh yeah? Pray tell who these 3 ‘much better players’ are for 50m (16m a player) :) .

:lol: It's like some people still think we are run by Ashley.

Going to have to ignore a lot of smokescreens from the club being pushed to various media outlets. Similarly to January, it's in the club's best interest to publicly play down the size of our transfer budget and the ambition of our targets. We accomplish nothing through having that publicly discussed. 

But I would assume that, behind the scenes, we have been working our channels for quite some time and I'd be surprised if we don't do significant business quickly. Feels like we've got a pretty shrewd group working now. 

4 minutes ago, Holloway said:

I wonder if `too many Brazilians` has crept into Eddie`s mind yet, as he peruses the possibilities 

I've been thinking about this - you'd think a Brazilian contingent would help integrate another Brazilian into the side/club faster but could it also work the other way to? To large of a group of Brazilian players in their own little group rather than mixing into the rest of the squad? 

19 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d go Danjuma over any wide player we have been linked with. His stats are brilliant this season, especially considering the defensive nature of the Villareal side.

Brilliant player. Would take. If we go by numbers Nkunku (not realistic) and Diaby (Dont know how realistic) few have better.

4 hours ago, McCormick said:

If we are talking positions (DM) Nunes at Sporting, Sangare at PSV both of them available for 20-30 each. Tolisso would be a very good option and very cheap. Caqaruet from Lyon he would be around 30-40 mil. Boubacar Kamara on a free.

Talking about players in general you could sign Lodi for 21 mil mentioned. Added with 1 of the above and a free transfer like Nkeitah who’s English so kind of helps with the HG quota. Would also love Brennan Johnson at Forest if we can’t manage to get Danjuma, Diaby or Nkunku but after this season it’s proven he’s best Centrally.

Edited by ToonScotman

19 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Was Danjuma particularly great at Bournemouth, or has he just come to prominence since the move to Villarreal ? 

That wouldn't worry me. Villareal must've seen something and there are loads of players who seem as if they've drifted then suddenly exploded on to the scene, it'sjust they've been learning and growing.

Nunes is a box to box more than a DM. Mentioned him before as a player I find very interesting. We’ve been linked with him quite a bit. Very good at carrying the ball, technical and has pace and of decent size. 

6 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Feels like Burra have been interested in Darlow for about the last three years :lol:

He’d be a decent signing for the Smoggies imho - he’s not quite PL class, but he’s a very good second tier keeper 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

He was very good at Bournemouth 

Without checking I think he had one season in the PL there which was unremarkable but then had a season in the championship and tore it up.

9 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d go Danjuma over any wide player we have been linked with. His stats are brilliant this season, especially considering the defensive nature of the Villareal side.

Danjuma over Raphinha is just crazy talk.