More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Same was said for Burn before he moved here.....and we paid money for him.. 

I could be mistaken, but I thought the Burn buy was generally well received?

I'll back any player who signs and I  trust Howe to get the best out of them, I just don't don't see what quality Tarkowski brings to the squad that we don't already have. I think at this stage in his career he's at a similar standard to Lascelles.

As most have said Tarkowski for FREE is a good signing. He becomes a squad/rotation player and would probably make only 15apps or so next season. I'd be all for this especially as Fernandez, Clark and Lascelles will hopefully all leave.

He's dependable and is a leader also, no brainer if he's happy being 3rd/4th choice (depending on formation we play, could be 3 at back ofcourse)

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'll back any player who signs and I  trust Howe to get the best out of them, I just don't don't see what quality Tarkowski brings to the squad that we don't already have. I think at this stage in his career he's at a similar standard to Lascelles.

Very much mixed, especially when there was talk of 30-40m foreign defenders coming in. 

Different qualities but he's on par with Burn & Schar. If Howe can get him back to 2 year ago then ges better than both, and I expect thst to happen with Howe's record here.

28 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

If be shocked if he agrees to come as backup, if expect him to go and be first choice elsewhere.

Thing is we don’t really have backups under Howe. If you deserve your spot you’re in the starting XI. Look at how long Bruno had to wait to get a kick.

Tarkowski has been very keen to break into the England squad - it’s why he’s leaving Burnley - so I don’t think it’s a hard sell. It’s a meritocracy. If he earns it he’ll start.

2 hours ago, Shearergol said:

It's not "fucking binary" though is it. Those people who think he's shit, just think he's shit? He's been massively on the decline this season (much like the other player I'm gonna stop mentioning).

I'd dread seeing him play for us, even in a cup competition. Especially the system Howe is trying to bring in. We need players who are more comfortable on the ball than Lascelles is, or Tarkowski is. Even if they are only "4th choice", they'll still end up playing a fair bit for us.

So in a scenario when we have 2 centre backs injured, which is hardly unheard of and in fact quite likely at some point of the season, you would rather find a kid from the U23s come into our first team? 

Unless you are suggesting we sign 2 quality centre backs, which are going to set us back the best part of 60m quid?

I'd like to see how you would structure the defensive side of our squad, whilst also having enough money in reserve to buy attacking players, which should be the priority.

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Get rid of Lascelles and Clarke, bring in Gvardiol/ Ndicka and Tarkowski. Hard not to see this as huge upgrade alongside Schar and Burn.

It does make alot of sense, Lascelles would command a fee of some sort, less so Fernandez and Clark but selling a player for X amount and bringing a similar (yet ultimately better) player for free is a no brainer. 

He wouldn't be the only CB to come in but would add Premier League experience to the squad and he's reliable if unspectacular.

Edited by Mazzy

I don't see Tarkowski as an upgrade on Jamaal at all, I see them as very similar, but I'd grudgingly accept it it means we can money launder a bit in to use elsewhere. Lascelles and Fede have both played left side, which Tarkowski really can't is something worth considering.

3 hours ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Each to their own opinions on players but if Tarkovski, Lingard and Calvert-Lewin were 3 of our signings I would genuinely be gutted. Got to be aiming a lot higher than that man. A centre back for a team who could be relegated, someone who never gets a game for a dreadful Man Utd and a crock who isnt playing under Lampard 

I rate Calvert-Lewin. If fit hes really good. But i agree if thats the signings top 10 is not nailed on at all. They are not bad or fantastic, but we need quality. If Calvert-Lewin is ready and fit he can score goals, but we need Diaby, Phillips, Badiashile signings not english old players on the way down.

Edited by nufc123

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

we can replace like for like with a bit of profit from the sale of Lascelles.

14 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

I don't see Tarkowski as an upgrade on Jamaal at all, I see them as very similar, but I'd grudgingly accept it it means we can money launder a bit in to use elsewhere. Lascelles and Fede have both played left side, which Tarkowski really can't is something worth considering.

He can't play left side or he's just rarely been tried there because Mee plays nearly all the time?

Just now, joeyt said:

He can't play left side or he's just rarely been tried there because Mee plays nearly all the time?

Aye, Mee has been injured a fair bit this season and whenever Tarkowski moves over to cover he's been noticeably worse than he is on the right.