More transfer rumours

midds

Just on character/attitude alone, I would rather Danjuma than Raphina. 

Raphina is a persistent moaner and ref botherer. Almost got himself sent off after Dan James red card because he wouldn't shut the fuck up.

3 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Just on character/attitude alone, I would rather Danjuma than Raphina. 

Raphina is a persistent moaner and ref botherer. Almost got himself sent off after Dan James red card because he wouldn't shut the fuck up.

He’s also been very poor this season, Leeds fans are as frustrated with him as most of us are with ASM.

13 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s really not at all.

It definitely is. One is barely getting off the bench for a rather weak offensive Dutch national side and the other is a star player for a team with players such as Vini, Neymar, Rodrygo, Antony, Martinelli, Cunha and Jesus. One has performed in three European leagues with four different teams, the other has performed in the second dutch division, Championship and now in La Liga one season.  The argument for defensive side that someone mentioned isn't true at all either because Villarreal have been only very defensive in the CL and not really in La Liga where they've scored 60 goals this season. 

I'm not saying I wouldn't Danjuma here btw, but Raphinha is a far better and more talented player. 

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He’s also been very poor this season, Leeds fans are as frustrated with him as most of us are with ASM.

That is an absolute lie :lol:  Go read their forums and come back with evidence for that statement.  Why do I even bother. Raphinha has been their top performer by a mile man, that is indeniable. 

I think we should go all out for Raphina, just sos´ we can get a "Brazilian" feel to the team. Would be great for publicity and endearing us to other fans if we had half the brazilian team playing for us.

Although he has been utter tripe this season for Atletico, I would even begrdugingly accept Lodi just cos it would be another brazilian...:mou:

Just now, RodneyCisse said:

I think Ekitike given it was basically a done deal bar the player knowing what he wanted will happen and another senior striker to go head to head with Wilson.

I do wonder how much Alexander Isak would cost. Been struggling for Real Sociedad but same build as Ekitike and clearly very very talented and more experienced.

17 minutes ago, Flip said:

It definitely is. One is barely getting off the bench for a rather weak offensive Dutch national side and the other is a star player for a team with players such as Vini, Neymar, Rodrygo, Antony, Martinelli, Cunha and Jesus. One has performed in three European leagues with four different teams, the other has performed in the second dutch division, Championship and now in La Liga one season.  The argument for defensive side that someone mentioned isn't true at all either because Villarreal have been only very defensive in the CL and not really in La Liga where they've scored 60 goals this season. 

His goalscoring record in the CL has also been very good. Danjuma can also play striker and is more direct and physical than Raphinha. Yes Raphinha is probably more talented and more of a natural dribbler but we already have a player like that in Maxi.

I think for team balance Danjuma would be a much better signing overall than Raphinha. 

Edit. Just to add Danjuma is 25 years old and has just had his first "breakout" season with Villareal. Salah was 24 in his first season with liverpool. Not saying he will be the next Salah but maybe he needs a chance in a set up that suits him.

Edited by Joey47

21 minutes ago, Flip said:

I'm not saying I wouldn't Danjuma here btw, but Raphinha is a far better and more talented player. 

That is an absolute lie :lol:  Go read their forums and come back with evidence for that statement.  Why do I even bother. Raphinha has been their top performer by a mile man, that is indeniable. 

Don’t know how to post the actual quotes, but this is a thread on him, some of the quotes on there are literally mirror images of us on ASM

https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38290148&page=3

18 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

His goalscoring record in the CL has also been very good. Danjuma can also play striker and is more direct and physical than Raphinha. Yes Raphinha is probably more talented and more of a natural dribbler but we already have a player like that in Maxi.

I think for team balance Danjuma would be a much better signing overall than Raphinha. 

Edit. Just to add Danjuma is 25 years old and has just had his first "breakout" season with Villareal. Salah was 24 in his first season with liverpool. Not saying he will be the next Salah but maybe he needs a chance in a set up that suits him.

Raphinha is two weeks older. Wouldn’t the same go for Raphinha? For the national side where he actually gets to play with footballer he’s been quite unstoppable. 

Just now, Flip said:

Raphinha is two weeks older. Wouldn’t the same go for Raphinha? For the national side where he actually gets to play with footballer he’s been quite unstoppable. 

Don't get me wrong, I would be extremely happy if we signed Raphinha, I think he's a fantastic player. Just didn't agree with him being a million times better signing than Danjuma who you seemed to be dismissing. 

Almeria's Umar Sadiq is a name to keep an eye on as far as strikers go. Reports in Nigeria say we are still keen on him after being priced out over the winter.

He is a real handful and really awkward to play against. A crazy mix of Nwankwo Kanu (in some of his holdup, link up and playmaking play), Paulo Wanchope (in some of his leggy, powerful, pacy dribbling runs) and our very own Shola Ameobi (in his powerful stature and sometimes unconventional gait).

13 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Almeria's Umar Sadiq is a name to keep an eye on as far as strikers go. Reports in Nigeria say we are still keen on him after being priced out over the winter.

He is a real handful and really awkward to play against. A crazy mix of Nwankwo Kanu (in some of his holdup, link up and playmaking play), Paulo Wanchope (in some of his leggy, powerful, pacy dribbling runs) and our very own Shola Ameobi (in his powerful stature and sometimes unconventional gait).

Just looked him up on Brazil Scout on youtube. First thing they do on that channel is listing best attributes and weaknesses.

So, if they are right, he has basically everything going for him. Pace, strength, finishing, areial duals, dribbling, agility, teamwork.

Weakness - decisions

Seems like he'd be a frustrating player to watch, very much like wor Shola. :lol:

Edit: looks a real handful in the highlights though.

Edited by Conjo

14 minutes ago, KaKa said:

6 goals a season right there with that mix

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Just looked him up on Brazil Scout on youtube. First thing they do on that channel is listing best attributes and weaknesses.

So, if they are right, he has basically everything going for him. Pace, strength, finishing, areial duals, dribbling, agility, teamwork.

Weakness - decisions

Seems like he'd be a frustrating player to watch, very much like wor Shola. :lol:

Yeah, he definitely has his moments that can be awkward and a bit clumsy, but my goodness is he talented :lol: 

He has so many different aspects to him that you have to account for and even his awkward moments somehow make him even more unpredictable. Very entertaining player to watch, and the type that would become a cult hero.

8 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Kanu, Wanchope, Shola. None were exactly prolific

I was just referencing his style of play and some of the players he shared attributes with.

Sadiq was a big talent at youth level for Nigeria and then lost his way, before eventually finding his feet at Partizan where he did really well, and then Almeria brought him in to replace Darwin Nunez who has since exploded at Benfica.

Sadiq has been excellent at Almeria racking up goals and assists, following in Nunez footsteps and arguably doing even better, and so a lot of clubs are taking notice and there appears to be a lot of hype around him, especially with what Nunez has gone on to do since leaving.

Barca strongly considered him as well during the January window, and Sevilla and Valencia are very keen too. Almeria were determined to keep him for the promotion push which looks like it will pay off to be fair to them.

Edited by KaKa