More transfer rumours

midds

16 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He speaks very well and is also saying the things that we want to hear about the type of signings we will aim for - but I guess he’s just like every other journalist speculating 

Just now, andyc35i said:

He speaks very well and is also saying the things that we want to hear about the type of signings we will aim for - but I guess he’s just like every other journalist speculating 

Can’t listen currently, does he mention any names ?

Just now, andyc35i said:

Yeah, I guess we'll see. I do think we will be largely aiming for talents similar to Bruno like he said. So players that the bigger clubs have looked at but are maybe not quite 100% certain on, and whose value is still relatively reasonable for their ability.

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Better than Dubs 

Barely anymore, he's had a bad season.

Better than (current not good enough player) isn't how we should be approaching things anymore. We should be looking at the Bruno/Trippier level jumps in the summer.

4 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

I think most agree with that, it’s if Tarkowski would be first choice it would be an issue.

Can understand why people might feel this way, but after seeing Schär and even Krafth transformed I'd be content with on on form Tarkowski at the heart of the defence. 

38 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

A leader and a decent keeper. Wouldn't mind him for a year or two.

I know we’re no longer under Ashley but I’m still surprised at the level of player people seem to be turning their noses up at. For me the likes of Schmeichel, Tarkowski, Calvert-Lewin are all players who will improve the squad and see us pushing top 7. We’ve got a huge rebuild on our hands and can’t go and spend £30-40m per player. Schmeichel has been one of the best keepers in the league the last 6-7 years, Tarkowski imo upgrades Fernandez and Lascelles. Think he’d be a sensible short-term option.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Schmeichel is shite now? :lol:

Honestly winds me up the shit people talk. 

Schmeichel would transform our distribution from the back and he's an absolute boss of a leader. Leicester have had a shite season and conceded loads of goals but that might have been due to their chronic injuries at the back rather than their goalkeeper.

What if, and I know this is crazy, the club see Schmeichel as a great option for a couple of years before we find the next Allison/Ederson. I know my scouting isn't the greatest but last time I checked world class progressive goalkeepers don't grow on trees. 

Really like Schmeichel as a keeper, although not sure about signing a 35 yr old. Still he doesn't look it, and as of now he's still one of the best keepers in the Premier IMO.

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I know we’re no longer under Ashley but I’m still surprised at the level of player people seem to be turning their noses up at. For me the likes of Schmeichel, Tarkowski, Calvert-Lewin are all players who will improve the squad and see us pushing top 7.

It's the context, which I think is being missed. 

Is Schmeichel an exciting signing for the next 10 years? No, is he better than Dubravka? Yes.

Is Tarkowski as good as Botman etc, no. Could he be a valuable squad player to serve as 3rd/4th choice? Yes.

Calvert Lewin would have cost 50m 18 months ago. His injuries are a concern but he was absolutely class, not so long ago and if he can prove his fitness would be a great addition.

Also, these lads play for Everton, Leicester and Burnley (their captain), when was the last time we started taking players from rival clubs?

4 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Howe very specifically mentions bringing down the age of the squad in his latest presser. The rumors involving older players might not be as solid as they seem.

What he actually says is that he needs to make sure there is the correct balance.

I agree that it seems unlikely that he will bring in a 35 year old keeper AND a 29 year old defender though but we don't know what the club has planned in other areas.

Schmeichel would be a very good signing for 2/3 seasons, he’s better than Dubs in almost all areas and as has been said he’s a great character/leader to have behind any defence. 

Tarkowski would be a solid signing as well, considering we are most likely letting go of Clark and Fern I see him as a good bit of business. Without doubt he’s an upgrade on those 2, a wealth of PL experience and while he may not be great with the ball he’s pretty good without it. 29 is a good age for a CB, if he’s happy to come here and not be a guaranteed starter week in week out then it would work for all parties.

I think some people might have to lower their expectations on what our window will look like this summer, I expect it to look pretty similar to January overall in terms of which leagues we buy from. 1/2 younger players from abroad (of Bruno’s level) and 4/5 from the PL, just with slightly more quality throughout the signings. The run we went on and our wealth has some people thinking we will be looking at raiding Europe for all the top young talent there, we are just not realistically able to do that at the level we are at this season.

Edited by Nine

Interest has seemingly cooled a bit on Aleksander Isak due to not scoring quite as many goals this season.

We were said to really like him towards the end of last year. I wonder if we might look to capitalise on other clubs maybe moving slower for him now.

Think he'd be an ideal signing as a second/deeper striker, similar to how Josh King was playing off Wilson, if Howe is looking to return to his Bournemouth 4-4-2.

Wonder if a bid in the £40 million range does the trick.

21 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Interest has seemingly cooled a bit on Aleksander Isak due to not scoring quite as many goals this season.

We were said to really like him towards the end of last year. I wonder if we might look to capitalise on other clubs maybe moving slower for him now.

Think he'd be an ideal signing as a second/deeper striker, similar to how Josh King was playing off Wilson, if Howe is looking to return to his Bournemouth 4-4-2.

Wonder if a bid in the £40 million range does the trick.

Didn’t they want 70 plus million in January ?

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Didn’t they want 70 plus million in January ?

That's his release clause, and they weren't really looking to lose him half way through the season, and so I think they were insisting on the clause being met at the time.

He ended up not having as good a season goal scoring wise, and apparently is looking to move on this summer. I think Sociedad played a diamond formation last season that didn't quite work out to well for him.

It's kind of led to a lot more hype around Nunez who is attracting a lot more interest now due to his scoring record this season. I just wonder if we might be able to sneak in and do a deal for Isak.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

That's his release clause, and they weren't really looking to lose him half way through the season, and so I think they were insisting on the clause being met at the time.

He ended up not having as good a season goal scoring wise, and apparently is looking to move on this summer. I think Sociedad played a diamond formation last season that didn't quite work out to well for him.

It's kind of led to a lot more hype around Nunez who is attracting a lot more interest now due to his scoring record this season. I just wonder if we might be able to sneak in and do a deal for Isak.

I’d rather go for him than DCL