More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, mighty__mag said:

Joules Kounde name being  dropped? 

Just now, Nucasol said:

Barca or Chelsea. Fuck all chance he comes here.

He’s just had pelvic surgery on Tuesday night. He’ll be fit for the start of the season, but depends on how his rehab goes. Seville are mad because France made him play and it aggravated the injury so they might lose out on the transfer this summer.  

27 minutes ago, krybel said:

Not as good as JWP though. Would actually sign him for that alone.

We scored as many direct free kick goals this season as Southampton though.

We scored 12 goals total from set pieces in 136 set plays. Southampton scored 14 from 151.

Just really struggle to see any meaningful improvement he would bring to the table. 

12 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I’d prefer Bissouma but the fact Dan Ashworth is here and we haven’t shown the slightest interest tells it’s own story.

I know JWP is a better player than just his free kicks but not sure where he fits in.

Our midfield seems like a collection of odd parts at the moment. Like where does Willock even fit in?

The reason our side was so functional in the second half of the season was because of the "odd parts". Each of our midfielders all offers something different and work well as a unit.

Shelvey: Quarterback 

Longstaff: Box to box

Joelinton: Ball winner, water carrier, legend.

Willock: Advanced runner

Bruno: All of the above :lol:

The only one we are missing is the hardest one to find. Someone like Coutinho, Bruno Fernandez, Bernardo Silva type. An assist/goal merchant, someone to open doors in the final third and break teams down.

Edit: Actually, we are missing a traditional DM but Bruno and Joelinton win a lot of possession for us.

Edited by STM

14 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I’d prefer Bissouma but the fact Dan Ashworth is here and we haven’t shown the slightest interest tells it’s own story.

I know JWP is a better player than just his free kicks but not sure where he fits in.

Our midfield seems like a collection of odd parts at the moment. Like where does Willock even fit in?

Tbf, I'd be massively surprised if there were no clauses that stopped him from pursuing Brighton players for a given period of time. 

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

JWP is decent, but we won't be touching him at the prices quoted.

Whenever I hear prices quoted I just think Everton. Having spunked £50m on Sigurdsson who has now been released (might be another long term “arrangement” in the offing), it would be so them to plough the same into JWP. Frankie the Tory would love him.

16 minutes ago, STM said:

The reason our side was so functional in the second half of the season was because of the "odd parts". Each of our midfielders all offers something different and work well as a unit.

Shelvey: Quarterback 

Longstaff: Box to box

Joelinton: Ball winner, water carrier, legend.

Willock: Advanced runner

Bruno: All of the above :lol:

The only one we are missing is the hardest one to find. Someone like Coutinho, Bruno Fernandez, Bernardo Silva type. An assist/goal merchant, someone to open doors in the final third and break teams down.

Edit: Actually, we are missing a traditional DM but Bruno and Joelinton win a lot of possession for us.

That’s why I hope we can get Nunes or Paqueta. 

Ward Prowse would be very safe and sure bet; he has played in the prem against the best sides and he is a very controlled player. He would improve us immediately.

He does a lot of work, is positionally brilliant and his technique (receiving/touch/body position...) and passing skill is awesome, both long and short. Only let down for me is his lack of pace, but his reading of the game is very good so balances that.

If we did go for him I think it would be as our defensive midfield "quarterback", to relieve the Shelvatron....

If we could get him for 30M I think it would be a great signing, any more and big doubts

If you want a keeper that’s good with his feet, why sign someone that’s spent his career punting it downfield? I find the keepers we’re being linked with really strange.