however , young enough to improve 

He’s 30 :lol. 

6 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Great shot stopper to be fair 

probably better than dubs / younger 

from recollection (against us)

he was horseshit with his feet 

however , young enough to improve 

I don't think he is much of an upgrade.  I'd rather stick with Dubravka, Pope might be marginally better but not enough to warrant spending money.

4 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I don't think he is much of an upgrade.  I'd rather stick with Dubravka, Pope might be marginally better but not enough to warrant spending money.

Yeah , I am 50/50

Depending on our budget (if we have one)

is it worth spending ?

16 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

He’s not better than dubs imo. He’s distribution is worst too. 

Hard to say because he's never had to play out before :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

The whole distribution thing, is that not just how Burnley played anyway? Lump it forward to a big man, hope for the best?

No, he literally kicks the ball in to touch. 

he’s a good shot stopper but aren’t most keepers? :lol:

The point I’m making is, if we are signing him to sit on the bench that’s fine but why? If we are signing him to start then shouldn’t we be aiming higher?

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d be shocked if we are in for Pope tbh, considering his price tag and age we will target someone younger and cheaper imo.

Does he have a cheap-ish relegation release clause? Sure somewhere mentioned in the region of £12m.

Just now, Nucasol said:

Does he have a cheap-ish relegation release clause? Sure somewhere mentioned in the region of £12m.

Possibly although I’ve not heard that, pretty sure West Ham where quoted near 40 million for him 😂

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Possibly although I’ve not heard that, pretty sure West Ham where quoted near 40 million for him 😂

Quick scan has articles quoting his likely saleable value as £10m to £20m. No release clause like Cornet. £40m is what fat tongued moron Merson said we should pay for him. Pope’s contract is up next summer so realistically it’s sell now or for buttons in January.

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

Quick scan has articles quoting his likely saleable value as £10m to £20m. No release clause like Cornet. £40m is what fat tongued moron Merson said we should pay for him. Pope’s contract is up next summer so realistically it’s sell now or for buttons in January.

You would assume it would be an easy deal to do then, I’m hoping we avoid tbh.

Pope is a good keeper, although not the progressive keeper that I'd have assumed we might target.

Reading between the lines, does Ashworth believe he can do a cheaper deal for Pope than what we might have paid for Henderson. I wonder if Darlow could go the other way. He'd be perfect for them.

Burnley can't afford to turn down money. They need to rebuild. Somewhere around the 15 million mark would be a fair deal IMO.

Edited by STM

Just now, STM said:

Pope is a good keeper, although not the progressive keeper that I'd have assumed we might target.

Reading between the lines, does Ashworth believe a cheaper deal done for Pope than what we might have paid for Henderson. I wonder if Darlow could go the other way. He'd be perfect for them.

Burnley can't afford to turn down money. They need to rebuild. Somewhere around the 15 million mark would be a fair deal IMO.

Should of signed the Man City keeper (Irish) 

unbelievable- Bazunu ?

going to Southampton 

hottest young keeper in Europe 

15 million 

Absolute worldly in the making 

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/amp/news/southampton-man-city-ireland-keeper-bazunu/blt9d7c5dd1513aff99