More transfer rumours

midds

41 minutes ago, Ikon said:

The medical people that we have booked must be wondering if they can go home soon and then come back once it’s needed….. 

image.jpeg.4297a1f9e925b5fb7389458545e666ba.jpeg

waiting for the “dawn of a new era” medicals

So we seem to be aiming quite high to start with, as far as targets we are looking at are concerned, and this is likely to take a bit more time to agree a price with teams who have a player that lots of clubs like, and it is also likely to take more time to agree with the players and their agents too.

So a quick example of a more popular player we have looked at is Moussa Diaby (£40 - £60 million) and one of the alternatives we have supposedly looked at that already apparently has a set price, and is a seemingly more straightforward transfer is Ludo Blas (£17 million).

Just wondering what people think gives us the best chance to really have a good season where we could possibly over achieve next year, get players we can early on, or wait longer with a greater chance of getting in some of the first targets, albeit towards the end of the window?

I really like some of our supposedly more secondary targets, and so I think I might be leaning towards getting guys in early on and having them be a part of most of the pre-season.

We have a long window but honestly I'll probably be a bit worried if we don't have a couple of players (on top of Targett) through the door by the time pre-season starts.

I'd then expect us to have all our priority positions filled by first league game.

You'd hope that late in the window will be moving out remaining deadwood and perhaps moving for any other 'market opportunity' signings that come up.

Edited by ponsaelius

36 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

We have a long window but honestly I'll probably be a bit worried if we don't have a couple of players (on top of Targett) through the door by the time pre-season starts.

I'd then expect us to have all our priority positions filled by first league game.

You'd hope that late in the window will be moving out remaining deadwood and perhaps moving for any other 'market opportunity' signings that come up.

Yeah, would be great if we could have a decent number of signings in by pre-season man. Think that's so important.

We have 2 weeks until pre-season starts, is this correct? Seems a tad ambitious to expect our priority positions filled going by our movement so far if this is the case.

As long as we get the right quality and characters (and numbers) in, we may have no choice but to accept waiting a bit longer, even though it's not ideal.

Edited by Sean

My goodness ... just two weeks left?! Yikes, didn't even realise it was quite that soon.

Hopefully we can manage it somewhat early into pre-season then, so they can get at least a few games together.

7 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

27th of June seem to be the date most teams are back. Makes playing all those nations league games look even more mental. Sort of thankful we don’t have too many internationals at the moment! 

So at least one, if not two weeks after that for the likes of Trippier & Schar?

After signing Bruno Guimarães, Newcastle have their eyes on another Brazilian. This is striker Ângelo, from Santos. 🇧🇷

The 17-year-old has a contract with Santos until 2024 and is seen as one of Santos' main jewels.

🗞 [ @geglobo ]

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-target-hungarian-van-dijk-24230721

Newcastle United may have already found their perfect Sven Botman alternative in the shape of Attila Szalai, nicknamed the 'Hungarian van Dijk'. 

The 24-year-old Fenerbahce man helped the Magyars keep two clean sheets against England during the last 11 days and has attracted attention in the past.

6 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

After signing Bruno Guimarães, Newcastle have their eyes on another Brazilian. This is striker Ângelo, from Santos. 🇧🇷

The 17-year-old has a contract with Santos until 2024 and is seen as one of Santos' main jewels.

🗞 [ @geglobo ]

FM Wonderkid, how exciting.

JWP though, that would be some statement.