More transfer rumours

midds

10 minutes ago, Sifu said:

Pope as back up/competition to Dubravka would do me just fine, he's miles better than Darlow.

Bit of a risk him coming here (or anywhere else for that matter) to potentially just be a backup with the World Cup just around the corner...

Just now, JonBez comesock said:

Should of signed the Man City keeper (Irish) 

unbelievable- Bazunu ?

going to Southampton 

hottest young keeper in Europe 

15 million 

Absolute worldly in the making 

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/amp/news/southampton-man-city-ireland-keeper-bazunu/blt9d7c5dd1513aff99

Love the fact Southampton have signed him and Lee Ryder missed the memo, saying they want Pope. Thicker than whale spunk is wor Lee.

Makes no sense to get rid of Darlow and bring in Pope, both him and Dubs would be expecting to start so one would just end up unhappy. If we really want a new starting keeper we will be looking at selling Dubs surely.

Edited by Nine

2 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

unbelievable- Bazunu ?

going to Southampton 

15 million 

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/amp/news/southampton-man-city-ireland-keeper-bazunu/blt9d7c5dd1513aff99

Worldy in the making, who at aged 20 has only played for Shamrock, Rochdale and Portsmouth, and is being sold on by Man City? He’s got potential, yes, but hardly the ‘hottest young keeper in Europe’. 

1 minute ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Pope rumours gathering pace. Always rated him so I personally would be happy if we signed him

Underwhelming, hardly the keeper we need to help is change the style of play.

3 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I dunno I'm not interested in a keeper who's not good with his feet, is Pope? Doubt it at Burnley

Pope’s horrendous with his feet. So would be a odd choice in terms of making us more progressive. He’s very, very solid otherwise though.

Just now, Nucasol said:

Alex Crook from The Mirror talking a £10m fee for Pope. 

For all my reservations about his distribution, I have to say that’s a pretty reasonable price.

26 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Worldy in the making, who at aged 20 has only played for Shamrock, Rochdale and Portsmouth, and is being sold on by Man City? He’s got potential, yes, but hardly the ‘hottest young keeper in Europe’. 

Sorry I forgot to add 

in my opinion 

34 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

unbelievable- Bazunu ?

going to Southampton 

15 million 

He’s really good, yeah. Would have loved us to sign him.

32 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Alex Crook from The Mirror talking a £10m fee for Pope. 

Christ that’s a bargain mind. I don’t think he’s much better than Dubs but it means no dip in quality if either is injured, unlike the last 5 years. See if they fancy Darlow as his replacement see if we can get a few million more knocked off.

10m for Pope would be the perfect bridge between where we are and where are going.

Having a core of British players is crucial IMO and Pope is Englands number 2/3. He's already PL proven. Decent value at 10m. Half the price Henderson was touted for.

Nice to think that if we had a 20m budget for a keeper that 10m has been saved for another area. Not that it works that way I'm sure.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Christ that’s a bargain mind. I don’t think he’s much better than Dubs but it means no dip in quality if either is injured, unlike the last 5 years. See if they fancy Darlow as his replacement see if we can get a few million more knocked off.

They are similar, both good shot stoppers, both pretty average with their feet but where Pope excels is his command of the box, ignoring his mistake at SJP.

Would be a super solid move.