More transfer rumours

midds

4 hours ago, STM said:

Should be all over this.

N'Golo N'Golo Kante N'Golo N'Golo Kante. Would have him here and let him rediscover his form again. Lost his way a bit at Chelsea perhaps?

2 minutes ago, hakka said:

I dunno, I think him and Cornet would be decent. Certainly much better than Almiron, Murphy and Fraser... we can't always sign top 4 talent, but like Mane at Southampton was scoring around 10 per season before he went to Liverpool, Cornet and Sarr are doing relatively similar on a per game average. But both played in relegated sides - I think they could do better here.

Most fans never have any kind of foresight. They just want the obvious players that they see featured on Match of the Day every weekend.

Everybody wants to sign Raphinha for £60 million now, but when Leeds signed him there wasn't a peep. It went largely unnoticed, just go look at how basic his stats were in France the year before he came over.

But someone at Leeds actually went and did some proper scouting and recognised there was some Premier League potential in him due to how he played, and fair play to Leeds because they're now going to make a heck of a profit.

In the 2018-2019 season, Cornet and Sarr were both in France and at the time both played mostly out wide for their teams. They both put up better numbers than Raphinha ever did over there. Cornet and Sarr have both come into pretty poor teams in England and so haven't shown anywhere near their full potential, and would both be very smart pick ups that could erupt in that team we have right now.

But hey, never mind that, they play for Burnley and Watford, so not good enough. It's ridiculous really.

9 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

N'Golo N'Golo Kante N'Golo N'Golo Kante. Would have him here and let him rediscover his form again. Lost his way a bit at Chelsea perhaps?

Huge wages at 31 and would then need to replace him in what ... a season or two? Why?

We've been linked with Lillian Thuram's younger son at Nice, who is a DM with a very promising profile. Looking at his statistical breakdown on fbref, after he was linked, I couldn't believe how good it actually looked. It was a similar case when we got linked with Bruno in Jan, and I had a look at his statistical profile too.

Our scouting team is doing some really really good work. I think we are in excellent hands, and we are going to get some future stars that are not as obvious to everyone right now.

Khéphren Thuram - https://fbref.com/en/players/7d9397f8/Khephren-Thuram-Ulie

Ironically in his statistical player comparison list you can find both Kante and Bruno listed. Along with the likes of Tonali, Zakaria and Kessie. All excellent players. Thuram is 21 years old. These are the moves we should be making. Not N'golo Kante man. Come on.

5 hours ago, McCormick said:

Agreed. Hope the tentative Khephren Thuram links are true; seems to fit the profile age-wise, is athletic and a very decent all-round midfielder. I really think he’ll be on a lot of top clubs’ radars in a few years and should cost less than 30m.

@KaKa :thup: I mentioned him a page ago. Think he’d be a very astute signing.

Edited by McCormick

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

Yeah, I have to say he looks incredibly impressive, at just 21 years old too. Would be very excited if we end up getting him for our midfield.

5 minutes ago, McCormick said:

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, I have to say he looks incredibly impressive, at just 21 years old too. Would be very excited if we end up getting him for our midfield.

He was linked yesterday via that Talbot guy, not sure how reliable tbh but according to him they have asked for over 30 million but we remain interested if they lower the price.

While I do subscribe to the “if you’re good enough, you’re old enough”, I also think it doesn’t do any harm to have some experience in there (in the midfield), especially when things are not going for us.

Although Shelvey is one of (if not the) the oldest in there for us, he’s highly unreliable when under pressure.

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He was linked yesterday via that Talbot guy, not sure how reliable tbh but according to him they have asked for over 30 million but we remain interested if they lower the price.

He’s raw but impressively well-rounded for his age. The fact that he could play as a cdm or on the left or right of a midfield 3 makes him a really attractive proposition imo. 

30m + would be very steep for him considering all the other more proven options we could go for at that price (Hojberg, Soucek, Fofana, Ruiz etc.)

58 minutes ago, KaKa said:

But hey, never mind that, they play for Burnley and Watford, so not good enough. It's ridiculous really.

Well no.. not really. Pope is a good signing. I'd also take Emmanuel Dennis from Watford. However Sarr is one of those players that was constantly talked about potentially a world beater, however whenever I've watched them play or when he's played against us he's looked very average/raw. 

Sarr wouldn't be as high profile or flash as some of the other right sided names mentioned and he always looks a little rough around the edges in terms of dribbling - but he's actually really solid at loads of things. 

Very strong runner and decent end product both in terms of crossing and through balls. Gets on the end of things and scores goals at the back post. To me he always seems like a player who still has room to grow and would step up at another club. 

Cornet I'm not really a fan of. Scored quite a few goals but he was basically played as a forward and I don't think his general play was very good. Seemed more like a bit of a random hot streak.

Edited by ponsaelius

3 hours ago, Cronky said:

Barbosa looks very tempting though. From what I can tell, he had a disastrous move to Inter 5 years ago, but he would have been only 20/21 and it would be interesting to know a bit more about what went wrong? The clips of him playing in South America, where he seems to score hatfuls of goals, look very encouraging even though the defending isn't European standard. He seems to play as a withdrawn / creative forward like Beardsley and Bellamy (late developers both) and those two transformed the side.

Bruno would know him from the national side, and with Big Joe as well, he might be able to settle in to a new environment better than he did before. And a person can do a lot of growing up between 20 and 25. Not sure if he and ASM together would be a good fit though.

A mountain of speculation on a molehill of fact I know, but if our Eddie thinks he's worth the gamble, then the rewards could be considerable.

Any time there’s a South American competition on - we’ll have no squad left if we kept buying Brazilians 

52 minutes ago, Menace said:

Well no.. not really. Pope is a good signing. I'd also take Emmanuel Dennis from Watford. However Sarr is one of those players that was constantly talked about potentially a world beater, however whenever I've watched them play or when he's played against us he's looked very average/raw. 

I genuinely see that with ektite’s highlights reel - everybody says he’sa raw talent etc but I see a load of clumsy goals in a league with a lot more space than you get in the premier league. 

doesn’t mean he won’t be good though - if we buy him then I’ll trust the process we will have gone through to decide he’s the right fit.

2 hours ago, Menace said:

Sarr would be a proper meh signing tbh

I sort of agree 

I was the same with burn / targett …however they turned out very good 

But I know what you mean , (he is still a decent player and would do a job for a year or two) 

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

We are being linked with other Centre Backs today (Alessio Romagnoli and Jules Kounde two top drawer examples). Surely it is complete bollocks? 

Ignacio again too. Considering the are all left footers except Kounde I would expect its bs.

We will need an upgrade on Schar before too long but unless we shift all of Lascelles, Clark and Fernandez I don't think we will add further there. If we do add further you would think it would be a young RCB to compliment the experience we have in Schar and Burn. 

Ideally we could ship Clark, Fernandez and Dummett. Then have a 5 CB pool of Botman, Burn, Schar, New CB and Lascelles. Good mix of youth, experience and Jamal. 

23 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He’s unbelievably good on FIFA. 

He's probably got one of those professional controllers with the extra paddles on the underneath of it. 

38 minutes ago, MidfieldGeneral said:

Just been sofifa & Dominik Szoboszlai is top of the most searched players list. 

I had a nose through the comments, to see why he was getting loads of hits, and quite a few seem to think we want him. 

Not seen him linked anywhere. 

Marseille want him according to Fab, surely we can outbid them

2 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

We are being linked with other Centre Backs today (Alessio Romagnoli and Jules Kounde two top drawer examples). Surely it is complete bollocks? 

Pretty sure Romagnoli is Lazio bound (supporter)

Guest dazzanufc1892
9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Thoughts on Trossard as a left wing option?

Would rather we went for Brennan Johnson, plays RW, LW, AM, CF, CM. Young, great attitude. I see him as a player who could improve dramatically just due to the surroundings like Dyer or Jenas from Bobbys day.