More transfer rumours

midds

I'd love Tielemans here but I think Paqueta would be even better so I hope we get him. I'm actually starting to get annoyed that we haven't gotten rid of anybody yet. I thought some lower premier team would try for Shelvey, Clark, Murphy, Manquillo, Darlow, Almiron?, Gayle, Ritchie, etc. Id flog the lot (Even sell Wood but know this won't happen) 

Did anyone get to the bottom of whether Darlow, Manquillo and Clark were missing from training yesterday?

I didn't spot them on the training photos and none of them are internationals.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Did anyone get to the bottom of whether Darlow, Manquillo and Clark were missing from training yesterday?

I didn't spot them on the training photos and none of them are internationals.

Maybe deals in place ready for them to go?

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

Maybe deals in place ready for them to go?

Well I had wondered if they were currently discussing things but was surprised that it wasn't mentioned anywhere.

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

We badly could do with a proper DCM, but right now we need attacking players wide and up front as we lack goals in this team. 

Yep, totally agree. Kalvin Philips was my hopeful top choice signing. Though I’d assumed (wrongly) that it’d only be possible if Leeds were relegated; didn’t factor in being wanted by the current best team in the league. 

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

We badly could do with a proper DCM, but right now we need attacking players wide and up front as we lack goals in this team. 

Yep. I've said as much previously, while our midfield isn't perfect, it's functional but we desperately need some genuine quality options up front.

10 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Yep, totally agree. Kalvin Philips was my hopeful top choice signing. Though I’d assumed (wrongly) that it’d only be possible if Leeds were relegated; didn’t factor in being wanted by the current best team in the league. 

I'm not against us loaning a DM late in the window to plug a gap for this season, if the right player isn't otherwise available. Philips was the player I wanted, but like you, never thought City would come calling for him which has been unfortunate.

Is there no sign of us selling any of the deadwood we have knocking about? If we've £50m or so to spend then why not increase it to about 70 or so with sales? Obviously we probably will sell but I've seen no rumours about any of our players. I'd have thought Championship clubs would be knocking around the likes of Gayle, Ritchie, Clark, Hendrick etc by now. 

We deffo need goals from midfield to back up callum and new striker.

diaby or sarr and paqueta would give us enough versatility. Paqueta has played as a false nine so could cover callum if needed.

up and coming striker to bring through also

3 minutes ago, Decky said:

Is there no sign of us selling any of the deadwood we have knocking about? If we've £50m or so to spend then why not increase it to about 70 or so with sales? Obviously we probably will sell but I've seen no rumours about any of our players. I'd have thought Championship clubs would be knocking around the likes of Gayle, Ritchie, Clark, Hendrick etc by now. 

I think a few will get loaned out nearer the closure of the window.

12 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

I'm not against us loaning a DM late in the window to plug a gap for this season, if the right player isn't otherwise available. Philips was the player I wanted, but like you, never thought City would come calling for him which has been unfortunate.

Not the DM we are wanting (because he isnt really a pure DM) but I wouldn't be surprised if we try and loan Gini in from PSG late in the window, if we still have room and need. He played well as a DM and almost everywhere else in the middle for Liverpool. 

Edited by toontownman

Guest HTT II

The problem we will have is who can afford their wages, and even a loan fee. I’d rather just release them from their contracts and pay them up if we struggle as even out on loan, we are probably going to have to front their wages anyway.

Aye, there's a distinct lack of action in terms of interest for our deadwood.

I think we'll struggle to shift them without ponying up a percentage of their wages, and that's even without taking into account whether that lot would go down to mid-to-lower Champo sides, which is all they're good for.

Just now, toon25 said:

Aye, there's a distinct lack of action in terms of interest for our deadwood.

I think we'll struggle to shift them without ponying up a percentage of their wages, and that's even without taking into account whether that lot would go down to mid-to-lower Champo sides, which is all they're good for.

TBF any championship team that took on Darlow, Fed, Clark, Ritchie, Matty, Anderson and Gayle would have a cracking side.

Would assume it’s because buying teams know none of those players have a future so will wait until it’s obvious we’re desperate to bin off. Can’t wait for Hendrick to go, more than any of them he winds me up no end. Just no business poisoning the PL well, invertebrate Guinness ponce

1 minute ago, Decky said:

How big could their wages actually be given they were signed during the Ashley era? Some of them were signed in the Championship too. 

£30k a man ?

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Yep. I've said as much previously, while our midfield isn't perfect, it's functional but we desperately need some genuine quality options up front.

Feel like the DM is what we NEED for when we play the top teams, something is definitely needed in that midfield or we're just going to get dominated and will even have it hard against some lesser teams imo.

We won’t get dominated if we have another midfielder who can carry and pass the ball well. Shelvey can’t carry and is a long passer. Willock can carry but isn’t a passer, and Joelinton is more of our box to box destroyer with some decent carrying.