More transfer rumours

midds

9 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

Didn't Tielemans look pretty poor in the season just gone? 

Him being merked by Targett and Willock for Bruno's dramatic late winner was my favourite moment of the season past.

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

Tielemans or Paqueta ?

Tielemans for me. One of my favourite midfielders in the league.

He’s good for 5-6 goals and assists a season which is something we’ve lacked hugely from CM for years. Him & Bruno could get that a season which would take the pressure of Joelinton’s poor end product from us a bit in that area. Good vision, passer and knows the league.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Tielemans or Paqueta ?

Paqueta for me. In terms of outright quality but we will also benefit more from his creativity in the final third than from Tielemans attributes in a deeper role.

Edited by Barnes23

Why not both? Paqueta wouldn’t add anything defensively but going forward he’d be great, why couldn’t he take that wide right forward slot? (Which is as much in midfield as it is in the final third)

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

Why not both? Paqueta wouldn’t add anything defensively but going forward he’d be great, why couldn’t he take that wide right forward slot? (Which is as much in midfield as it is in the final third)

:lol:

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

Has he ever played there? 

Would feel to me a sideways move for Tielemans, though. He’s 3 years ahead of Bruno in his Premier League career. He’s done his yards playing in the 5th-8th placed zone. He’s good enough for a top 4 club now, he doesn’t need to be part of the journey of us getting there over the next few years.

5 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Liverpool should be all over him. They need an upgrade in that RCM position. 

It would come as a big shock if Bellingham isn’t at Liverpool for 23/24 season 

I’m probably wrong here and will look like a mug if/when he leaves but I think Tielemans is one of those players who’s career fizzles out. I can remember reading a thread on a Leicester forum last season where they’d really started to turn on him and he was essentially to to blame for them losing up here when Willock glided past him (confirmed slow).

I’m not saying he isn’t better than Shelvey because he is. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was an expensive flop at his next club who has already peaked though.

21 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Tielemans for me. One of my favourite midfielders in the league.

He’s good for 5-6 goals and assists a season which is something we’ve lacked hugely from CM for years. Him & Bruno could get that a season which would take the pressure of Joelinton’s poor end product from us a bit in that area. Good vision, passer and knows the league.

Paqueta all day. Faster, can play anywhere in mid and attack and offers us something far different than Youri and he’s younger. 

10 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Would feel to me a sideways move for Tielemans, though. He’s 3 years ahead of Bruno in his Premier League career. He’s done his yards playing in the 5th-8th placed zone. He’s good enough for a top 4 club now, he doesn’t need to be part of the journey of us getting there over the next few years.

Thought the whole reason he was leaving Leicester in the first place was because he wanted consistent CL football?

52 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Wow, Tielemans, Joelinton & Bruno. No ball winner as such but we didn’t really have one during the Robson era either. We’d definitely keep the ball more with Tielemans & Bruno together. Count me in.

Isn’t Joelinton a ball winning midfielder? 

28 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Paqueta is in top bracket of attacking midfielders that close people down and win ball back high up the pitch. To say he wouldn't add anything defensively isn't true.

CM seems the position we are least likely to get out of the three, at least as far as press narrative have spun things for priorities. However It's certainly still a position that players are getting linked to us every week.

Out of all three RW is probably the one we could limp through with most. An injury to Wilson and we are back looking bleak again. CM improved massively with Brunos arrival but we still got ripped apart and looked powderpuff against some opposition and bullied. We sorely need a decent RW to take pressure off ASM but I do think we would limp through best there than we would with not getting a striker or another mid,not least if the striker could also play out wide.

Stupid to say but I would be a bit disappointed if we didn't managed to get a decent RW, quality young striker to fight with wilson/wood and another CM. I still think we will. It will likely just go down to the wire, so much time left in the window and so much guff to also ship out of the squad.

Edited by toontownman